Straight line mission across Wales is back

SuperBacon

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I understand the “try not to deviate” thing but when they got to the tennis court and decided to climb it instead of walking around it when you could clearly see they were maybe two meters from the corner, it felt pretty unnecessary.

Thats what makes the whole thing so hilarious to me at times, like its not just trying to stay within the "platinum" limits but doing things like that to keep it perfectly on line. Much like the times where he sticks his arm out over a hedge, you're saving like a meter tops.

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Had no idea it was even out. Will give it a watch now, thanks.

The absolute king. About time I rewatched The Big Fat Freight Hop series.

Brave Dave is pretty lame and he overhypes situations. For good trainhopping watch shiey or gifgas or the late "stobe the hobo"

3 hours ago, neil said:

Brave Dave is pretty lame and he overhypes situations. For good trainhopping watch shiey or gifgas or the late "stobe the hobo"

I'm kind of amazed Shiey is still alive the amount of crazy shit he does. The urban climbing especially, is terrifying to watch at times. Their train videos can be crazy but also amazing travelouges. As a bloke in his 40's I kind of wish I had the guts when I was younger to get up to some of their adventures, so its fun to live vicariously through there videos.

Geowizard is abit of a pillock in comparison.

• Moderators

I just got through all of GeoWizard's "How NOT to travel Europe" and I think it's the best thing he's done. Equal parts mad and funny, but also incredibly heart warming with how nice people are to a couple strangers.

38 minutes ago, neil said:

I just got through all of GeoWizard's "How NOT to travel Europe" and I think it's the best thing he's done. Equal parts mad and funny, but also incredibly heart warming with how nice people are to a couple strangers.

Welsh Greg has my heart I'll be honest.

The ending with the 

Spoiler

Football match was so amazing. Proper willing one to go in for him

His new one is up.

Spoiler

They get lost in some woods when his GPS trackers batteries run out. I was feeling abit sorry for his bad luck but then he admits he doesn't even have a compass. A fucking compass lol. That should be the first thing he bought when attempting to cross a country, you can buy one for like ÂŁ2.

Even though they went a million miles off course and then spent two nights in a hotel he isn't claiming it was fail yet lol.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

37 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Also, his poor girlfriend dragging a fucking kayak around the Norwegian wilderness. 

I think all his early stuff about the "pureness of the mission" went out the window when he realised he could get his girlfriend to just carry all their stuff for them everyday and kip in her car whenever they want.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

I think all his early stuff about the "pureness of the mission" went out the window when he realised he could get his girlfriend to just carry all their stuff for them everyday and kip in her car whenever they want.

In the first Wales episode they find a place to camp out for the night, but in the second one they get his girlfriend to come pick them up to go home. Does he just pick and choose when he needs to follow his own stupid rules?

3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

In the first Wales episode they find a place to camp out for the night, but in the second one they get his girlfriend to come pick them up to go home. Does he just pick and choose when he needs to follow his own stupid rules?

Basically yes. His first attempt he had quite alot of rules he wanted to follow. Over the attempts the rules have become more and more lax, to the point he seems to just be making up whats ok and whats not as they go now.

• Moderators

Someone had better get onto the world straight line mission committee and report him pronto.

He was incredibly lucky in that last episode, could have gone badly wrong for them. It's just amazing to me how much prep he does in Google Earth but rarely seems to consider "what if something goes wrong" in all of it and just becomes blind to the mission. I mean ok sure, maybe you only bring a single GPS unit because they are reliable but not bailing immediately when it was clear the batteries are running out and you might be in absolute shit if so is insane.

• Paid Members

She was probably hoping he’d get stabbed on that rough estate in Salford when she dropped him there. You could see her looking a bit fed up in the car.

When he first suggested using a blindfold to her, I bet she wasn’t expecting him to say it’s so he can play Geoguesser IRL.