UFC Vegas: Kattar vs Chikadze - Jan 15 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

The UFC ideally wants to promote marketable fighters who draw money and make for exciting fights for TV. I get what you are saying Carbomb, but it again harks back to some people wanting it to be run like a standard structured sports league, MMA and Boxing doesn't work like that.

I know, but that's why I said I understood it's important to have entertaining, exciting fighters. My argument is that, if you're going to claim to be the best promotion in the world, you have to have a balance of entertainment and legit quality, which will include boring fighters. Indeed, a part of the entertainment comes from the fact that you know that the people you're watching must be the best, because that's the competition on offer in a promotion that has the best fighters in the world. 

It can't be all based on entertainment. There are plenty of entertaining fighters out there who are shit. 

29 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Chookagian had an impressive but notably dull 14 fight stretch in the UFC, she's getting older, she's stinking up cards, knocking off potential victims for Valentina to fight and theres zero interest in seeing her fight Shevchenko again herself, what is the upside to keeping her around? Let her go, she'll sign with Bellator, get a fresh lick of paint, probably get a better contract and likely a title fight.

That's absolutely fair, but then why didn't the UFC cut her after her last loss? What was the point to keeping her around to amass a win streak in the first place then?

• Paid Members

Well, you have to impress, and she was given every opportunity too. If Chookagian had notched up a couple of finishes or had a couple of entertaining fights in this last stretch they likely would have offered her a new deal.

• Paid Members

I guess, but I still think it's a bit shit - winning matches in itself isn't nothing, especially not at UFC level. Sure, it should make it harder to put her in contention for a title, but it shouldn't result in her getting cut. 

• Paid Members

I made the decision a while ago that I wouldn't be watching a Chookagian fight again unless it was absolutely necessary (say another fight with Valentina). Life is too short for that shit. You know exactly what you're getting with her. I have no problem with anyone fighting to their strengths, do what you need to do. I also have no problem with the UFC choosing not to renew. She's good enough to knock off any fresh contenders that may come along, without herself actually becoming anymore of a threat to Valentina. 

I can see a strong case for both options, keeping her or letting her go elsewhere. If they kept her though they would be foolish to let her fight any prospects. In fact the only fights I would have offered her in their position is against anyone coming off a recent loss to Valentina. 

Anyway. Calvin Kattar eh? What a man. He really controlled this fight with his management of the distance, aggression and the threat of more varied weapons. Giga proved he was tough as all hell. Absolutely on board with Wand's ideas of Kattar Vs Ortega or Yair, if those two don't end up paired with each other. 

• Paid Members

I'm not saying I'd miss her, to be clear - she is a boring fighter. It just grates on me that fighters should get treated like that - like other professional sportspeople, they're going into a career fraught with uncertainty, both in terms of being able to make it and risk of injury, and a relatively short shelf-life, not to mention that they put themselves through physical regimens that your average person would not be able to sustain on a regular basis. They go into this career on the understanding that they're doing all this to earn money for being the best and/or fighting the best. The least the fucking promoter can do is repay that effort. I'm of the view that Dana might be less of a cunt to the fighters if he were forced to do a training camp as though he were getting ready for a UFC-level fight and finally understand what they put themselves through to earn themselves money, and him even more. (That's assuming he's not a sociopath.)

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'm of the view that Dana might be less of a cunt to the fighters if he were forced to do a training camp as though he were getting ready for a UFC-level fight

Been there, done that, still a cunt. 

C7353CC5-BE30-4C89-818C-547F095C6C1D.jpeg

723EC2B0-2060-4BE8-99C3-32D9AAAF63C9.gif

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Been there, done that, still a cunt. 

C7353CC5-BE30-4C89-818C-547F095C6C1D.jpeg

723EC2B0-2060-4BE8-99C3-32D9AAAF63C9.gif

Was that an actual camp, though, or just a session?

EDIT: It wouldn't surprise me if he was probably the kind of narcissistic arsehole who did it to give himself licence to ignore any criticism.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Was that an actual camp, though, or just a session?

Nah I’m fucking about but it was when he was training for that ‘Boxing match’ with Tito that never ended up happening in around 2006. Don’t know how much actual fight training he did but he got in good shape and sparred a bit for the cameras at least.