UFC Vegas: Kattar vs Chikadze - Jan 15 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Pereira’s got an opponent.

I’ve put a bit about it in the opening post but if you’re too lazy to go back a page he’s 14-3 with 12 finishes, stopped his last 4 opponents and, as it stands right now, he retired James Vick last year. Doesn’t sound like the worst substitute but as always with these late replacements, a lot’s gonna depend on what kind of shape he was in when the call came in. It’s not like Pereira’s been a cardio wonder at the best of times so if this guy’s coming in with a full tank that could be a big part of the battle won already. Happy they’ve managed to keep Pereira on the card though. 

• Paid Members

Yeah it’s been non-stop with this card. As well as the above, Gabriel Benitez is out of his fight with TJ Brown, Charles Rosa has stepped in. And the Vanessa Demopoulos vs Silvana Gomez Juarez fight has been moved to UFC 270 next week. Not important fights or anything but it’s just constant disruption and it’s making me a bit nervous for the fights I do give a bollocks about on this card. We’re only a couple of days out now but as we’ve come to learn, that’s plenty of time for a card to go completely to shit. 

• Paid Members

Been looking at picks for this card throughout the week and nearly everyone is picking Collier over Sherman, plus he's the betting favorite. It has to be based purely on him going to split decision with Caros Felipe last time out, but didnt Felipe dick around for a lot of that? 

Chase Sherman is by no means a top tier heavyweight, but he wins this.

• Paid Members

This card’s been battered by pullouts but I’m still looking forward to it now it’s nearly here. Probably the month of no UFC that’s added to that more than anything because a card with a Sherman vs Collier co-main is never ideal.

The card was a bit of a banger in its original form as well. Just looked up exactly what fights got scrapped off this one and…

Michel Pereira vs Muslim Salikhov 

Michel Pereira vs Andre Fialho

Joaquin Buckley vs Abdul Razak Alhassan 

Kay Hansen vs Jasmine Jasudavicius 

Kleydson Rodrigues vs Zarrukh Adashev 

Gabriel Benitez vs TJ Brown

Brian Kelleher vs Saidyokub Kakhramonov 

All either got completely binned or moved to other cards or had replacements stepping in. If the main card here still had Pereira vs Salikhov and Buckley vs Alhassan and Benitez hadn’t dropped off the prelims you’re looking at a real sleeper card of exciting fights.

Still not the worst though. Kattar vs Chikadze is quality, Royval vs Bontorin is a potential barnburner that nobody’s talking about and I’m really up for Borshchev’s debut and hoping he does well. 

EDBEEC61-0670-422E-84F9-6918863A17CD.gif

• Paid Members

Yeah, im up for this more than i should be. Roll on tomorrow night!

Does anyone fancy Kattar in the main event? He's almost felt like an afterthought in the build up, this very much feels like people believe its a Giga showcase. I heard Kattar say on the media call that he needs to be more diverse, which leads me to believe he's planning on wrestling abit. I reckon Kattar's a good punt at the odds.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah I’m not confident either way on the main event. I think that Holloway fight has made a lot of people forget how good Kattar is. The whole reason that mad bit when Max screamed ‘I’M THE BEST BOXER IN THE UFC’ happened was because there’d been a fair bit of talk going in that Kattar was the better boxer of the two. Max obviously proved that wrong but it’s like everyone’s forgot Kattar was one of the best rising contenders in the division going into that fight. Losing to Max Holloway, even in the brutal fashion he did, doesn’t render you a bum. I think the fact Kattar has been out of action for a whole year hasn’t helped either. I’m still probably leaning towards Chikadze here. He’s on a roll, he’s probably the better overall varied striker and he’s been a lot more active so should be the sharper of the two. But I’m not seeing it as the blowout a lot of fans seem to be. And if Kattar can make it a more of a straight boxing match I think he’s got the better hands. Giga’s just a more well rounded striker. Will be interesting to see if Kattar goes the wrestling route though. Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea because Chikadze’s untested there and Kattar was apparently a solid wrestler in high school and used to train with Joe Lauzon so I’d imagine he’d have the edge if he can make it more of a MMA fight rather than a Kickboxing match in MMA gloves.

Really good fight. Like I said, slightly favouring Giga but only slightly. 60/40. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Kattar get the win but the layoff gives me some doubt and who knows if the Holloway beating will have taken too much out of him, physically and mentally. 

• Paid Members

first fancy graphic of the year:

20220115_082451.thumb.jpg.7db3c52ffb047d2eae9b6b1317f229f6.jpg

Considering the amount of pullouts im still real up for what we're left with. Maybe its because its the first card of the year and ive spent alot of time listening too and reading previews but im invested in pretty much all that there. We back!