UFC Vegas: Font vs Aldo - Dec 4 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agreed with everyone that this was a very fun card, with the highlights being Guida and Aldo. I doubt you could find a fight were it was as close to being stopped as this one, maybe that Pat Barry/Kongo fight from way back. Easily in the top 5 comebacks of all time in the UFC youd have to imagine. Aldo was fantastic too. It seemed from the first 4 minutes that Font was going to overwhelm and gas out and then dominate Also, but that knockdown changed the whole fight. It looks like he never recovered from it, both physically and mentally. Add to that the really nasty looking knockdown, and those changed the whole fight.

Will they ever leave the Apex do we think? I assume they save tens, if not hundreds of thousands in having a pre built arena in Vegas, when you factor transporting and building everything thousands of miles away from their base, and paying the wages and flights for everyone involved in production of an event. I assume the ratings are no different, so they have no motive to go back on the road (assuming the ticket sales dont really make that much cash for them).

• Paid Members

Yeah I imagine the Apex is here to stay, possibly indefinitely for all Fight Night events, unless they feel they can make way more than the regular $800,000-$900,000 odd gates they used to do. Those cards were often stronger on paper than what they put on now as well, so probably came with a significant increase in talent cost compared to current UFC Fight Nights.

I could see the UFC doing an international Fight Night now and again, but only if they feel they can get about a $2,000,000 gate from it to make it worth their while doing everything you mention their @Dai. I certainly wouldn't be expecting it though. For US based Fight Nights, I would be shocked if they end up on the road again.Β 

Β 

Edited by WeeAl

I can understand why they want to stay at a base in Vegas but I wish they could find a way to get at least some sort of crowd in to help with the atmosphere. I know they can't just magic up some space but Vegas is a big place and from looking on google maps the building where the apex is, is absolutely massive. I wish they could find a way to expand it or make room for a crowd.