Bellator 271 - Cyborg vs. Kavanagh (12th Nov) 🇧🇷🇨🇮

Egg Shen

Does Kavanagh last 5 rounds?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

20211110_170044.thumb.jpg.32356c792b31c92e33cfdd7e750fcf98.jpg

20211110_170135.jpg.44ba193b0ae27fecf04a5530ba89b22b.jpg

in what very much feels like a standard Cyborg title fight/squash, she fights Ireland's Sinead Kavanagh this Friday.

The highlight of that main card for me as usual is the return of Aaron Pico. He's fighting defeated Justin Gonzales. Fully expect to see Pico on that 145lb title mix next year, imagine Pico vs. McKee, shit.

oh and Valerie Louereda is tucked away at the bottom there 😍

• Paid Members

Bruna Ellen is on the card too

21015842_10156158782349879_9122203242207

EDIT: I just looked up her opponent, Desiree Yanez, because I was wondering if she might be related to Adrian, and got this. She looks nice too.

ElgrvP_VkAAqiYp.jpg

Edited by Carbomb

12 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Kavanagh . . .Ouch. Lambs to the slaughter or what. 

I saw the promo for this fight on the corners for last week's event and all I could think about was good God cyborg is in there with someone that looks like a dinner lady in My son's school. This isn't going to be pretty 

• Paid Members

“We’re in the business of making the fights the fans wanna see!”

image.gif.26a8ecc1d449cda171bb6811bda20f52.gif

Fedor Emelianenko vs Randy Couture

Fedor Emelianenko vs Brock Lesnar

Mirko Cro Cop vs Randy Couture

Anderson Silva vs Georges St Pierre

Ronda Rousey vs Cris Cyborg

Stipe Miocic vs Jon Jones

Francis Ngannou vs Jon Jones

Amanda Nunes vs Cris Cyborg 2

BUT…

Eye vs Calvillo and Ladd vs Dumont 5 round main events?

Cheers Dana. 

• Paid Members

Not being biased coz "Oirish" and all, but I think Kavanagh has as much right to be in there with Cyborg as Leslie Smith had. There's nobody really for Cyborg in Bellator, and after she went through Leslie Smith, it half arsedly - in a Bellator kind of way - made sense for Kavanagh to get a crack because there's a fair argument for Kavanagh winning her fight with Smith a couple years back. 

I dunno, I really like Sinead Kavanagh and I know she'll be minced here, but she's the sort of fighter that will need to be murdered in there in order to stop her trying to keep marching forward.  

• Paid Members

This sounds like a done deal before it’s even a done deal to me. 

Harrison recently became a free agent. She was actually in attendance at UFC 268 last week but when Dana was asked about it at the post-fight press conference he didn’t even know she was there. Now she’s attending tonight’s Bellator card, featuring Cyborg who they’ll be looking to match her up against. Once again Dana fumbles the ball and Coker’s about to run with it. It’s happening more these days where Coker’s snatching up these free agents that you’d have thought the UFC would’ve been all over at one time. Kyoji Horiguchi is another they let slip away to Bellator recently. Suppose they’ve gotta keep the roster space for all those DWCS fighters. 

It could be that the UFC are finding it difficult to attract high-level free agents who have offers on the table? I can't imagine a shit contract with heavy restrictions on sponsorship is all that appealing when you can probably make more money elsewhere through basic pay and sponsorships.

• Paid Members
Just now, David said:

It could be that the UFC are finding it difficult to attract high-level free agents who have offers on the table? I can't imagine a shit contract with heavy restrictions on sponsorship is all that appealing when you can probably make more money elsewhere through basic pay and sponsorships.

That's what I was thinking. At the moment, the main draw of the UFC is that they still have the reputation of being the biggest and best promotion in the world, but there will be a lot of fighters for whom that simply isn't enough when the number two competitor is offering much more competitive conditions across the board.

Fighter X: "So, I'm looking for you to match what Bellator are offering me at least. Through basic pay, bonuses and sponsorship I can make X in Bellator"

Dana: "Yeah, we're not f*ckin' matching anything, kid. You'll get your basic, a piffly percentage of the Venum deal, and a contract that's so lopsided it's unreal. But... if you really wanna fight the best, this is where you need to be"

Fighter X: "Ummm, yeah. Okay, so I'm gonna take the money..."

End of discussion.