UFC 269: Oliveira vs Poirier - Dec 11 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, neil said:

I don't really subscribe to the whole "if you don't do it then you can't say anything" but its always irked me that Rogan is a colour commentator when having zero MMA experience. I get the history of his involvement and why he was useful at that time and yeah he has experience with BJJ and taekwondo but generally feel like he should really just shut up when talking about what fighters should be doing, he's never trained at that level, never fought, but yet has this huge platform. 

I don’t mind when he is explaining what a fighter IS doing during a fight, but his shtick about how they’d be better by doing this is as shite as people on here telling WWE where they’re going wrong and what they should do to improve. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I’ve always said he was great when I first got into following MMA because he was really good at explaining the grappling side of things, which I had no clue about at the time. His enthusiasm and knowledge of BJJ, plus his ability to tell you what was happening made him a huge part of me becoming a MMA fan. Him and the Diego Sanchez vs Nick Diaz fight were what opened my eyes to the grappling in MMA.

But I don’t even think he’s that good at that anymore. He’s been phoning it in for ages now and his whole act seems to consist of saying ‘WOW’ over and over again and doing that played out ‘reaction face’ with DC, desperately trying to recreate the original that became a meme. And yeah, the way he talks and criticises fighters tactics and stuff, as if he’s some 50 fight veteran, gets a bit much sometimes. Especially now when there are actual ex fighters and former champions in the booth. I’m just over the Rogan thing. He wore out his welcome years ago for me. I know some still like him but now whenever he turns up he actually ruins what should be great moments for me. He’s very much of his time, and his time was the Zuffa era.