Bellator 270 - Gallagher vs. Mix (5th Nov. 2021) ๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎ

Egg Shen

Who wins?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Feels like Christmas 88 when I was had an awful dose of the scutters due to the excitement of Santy bringing me GI Joe's 'Whale' vehicle and Alpine figure. Ifย it even comes close to the atmosphere of Queally/Scope from 2019 (yizzer mate McGregor was cageside so that added to it all too) it's going to be spectacular.ย 

Gallagher's on a weird one too since the switch from SBG. He's had a personality overhaul judging by the Helwani interview, shaved the beard and seemingly dropped his Poundland McGregor act and with all the shite and chaos seemingly going on with Patchy Mix, Gallagher will never have a better opportunity to make a statement, or bluff his way to another win.

(Just on Gallagher, about an hour ago, the missus shouts into me "Your man that you give out about from the North is on Virgin talking about Apache Pizza or something")ย 

• Paid Members

I hope he has dropped the Counterfeit Conor routine. Even if I still end up loathing him at least itโ€™ll be authentic โ€˜heel heatโ€™ for lack of a better term, as a result of his actual personality, not his mateโ€™s.ย 

Edited by wandshogun09

15 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

yeh they are on iplayer too, just get iplayer when you get home and hit the 'play from start' button, dont miss the fireworks

Yeah the rugby club had horrendous wifi amongst other niggles so I ended up watching the main card this morning.

Its safe to say it wasn't a good night in the office for the Irish fighters topping the bill. Pitbull absolutely poured it on and got a massive knock out in the second round which was quite nasty.

I've read on here the dislike for Gallagher for whatever reason so you will all enjoy that fight also.

I might go back later on and watch the prelims but I just thought I would get the main card watched before browsing the net and getting shit spoiled for meย 

• Paid Members

Right, don't know where to start on this.

The Good:

- Prelims were amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, being out out again, and having some drinks with me son, who was smothering with a cold (Not Covid, he was tested) and I got him hammered on hot whiskeys which the lady at the bar was happy to make for me.ย 
- All Irish fighters - regardless of status - were treated like superstars, and you could see the likes of Ciarรกn Clarke and Pedro Carvalho get really emotional sue to the support.
- Danni Neilan is gorgeous in person. Was legit swooning, like.ย 
- Nicolรณ Solli is a fucking lunatic. Genuinely a headcase and I'll be watching everything he does from now on. He came back out after his fight and sat down beside us and kept farting and blaming some poor girl beside him.ย 
ย - Johnny Walker pretty much sat in front of us, which was lovely and he was conditioning his chin all night by chewing on a squishy ball. Absolute hero and took pictures with anyone who asked, including the boy who was absolutely made up. He had a video of the crowd singing on his Insta. Can see me singing away, and spilling the pint of the chap who was beside me. I insisted I buy him a new pint. Missed the whole Buliad fight queuing for his pint. Brought the pint back. He put it down and straight away kicked it over. Grand.ย 
- Atmosphere was incredible. I've never experienced anything like it. Josh Thompson had a video on Twitter which actually catches me and the wee lad hopping about like idiots during Gallagher's entrance. I don't like Gallagher, but I couldn't help but get caught up in the "raucous" atmosphere and just throw myself balls deep into the Olรฉ Olรฉ brigade. Sure, when in Rome and all that.
- Queally's entrance. Wow. Even better and more hair on the necker backer stander uppery than his one against Scope in 2019.ย 

The Bad:

- I don't know how (a) Lee Chadwick is 205lbs, and (b) how he won that fight.ย 
- The smell of Solli's farts. Honestly, smelled like that smell you get when you get off the B&I Ferry at Holyhead.ย 

The Ugly:

- The amount of lads and ladies doing coiners/banger in full view of everyone, was a bit much. I'm no saint, at all, but it was everywhere and there were small kids around them, which disgusted me.ย 
- The atmosphere when Queally folded. Pitbull walked to the fans and started grabbing his willy and all, and then there was beer, cans, everything being volleyed at the cage, and we got drowned in it because we were up the front and right in the firing line. Kavanagh's missus who was sat beside Walker got a Red Bull can into her head. Awful.
- Fights kicking off all outside the 3 Arena. Literally saw about 6 of them in ten minutes.ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Scott Malbranque

1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

- The amount of lads and ladies doing coiners/banger in full view of everyone, was a bit much. I'm no saint, at all, but it was everywhere and there were small kids around them, which disgusted me.ย 
- The atmosphere when Queally folded. Pitbull walked to the fans and started grabbing his willy and all, and then there was beer, cans, everything being volleyed at the cage, and we got drowned in it because we were up the front and right in the firing line. Kavanagh's missus who was sat beside Walker got a Red Bull can into her head. Awful.
- Fights kicking off all outside the 3 Arena. Literally saw about 6 of them in ten minutes.ย 

That right there is why I tend to avoid any boxing or MMA events in the UK. The difference in atmosphere between anything UK-based and Vegas is night & day.

• Paid Members

Cheers for the post Scott, sounds like the actual show was a great experience.ย 

David's post in the fight announcement thread actually got me thinking. I do really want to attend that Eubank/Williams fight in Cardiff in December, but at the same time I could do without sitting with a bunch of coked up idiots. Ive never really experienced any trouble at a show personally, but ive always been fully aware that there's plenty of pricks around at these events.