UFC Vegas: Holloway vs Rodriguez - Nov 13 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Volkanovski absolutely doesn’t get the respect he deserves. Probably one of the most under-appreciated champions in years. He’s insanely good and I’ve said it a few times on here but there’s a reason Max Holloway wasn’t blistering Volko with a zillion strikes like he does to pretty much everyone else he fights. Even when Holloway fought Poirier at 155, yeah he lost but he gave Poirier a hell of a fight. And that’s one of the very best Lightweights in the game. Yet he never truly got going both times for me against Volkanovski and was probably the most ineffective I’ve ever seen him in the first fight. That’s a credit to Volkanovski obviously but I think because he doesn’t do it in a particularly flashy way like Max, he doesn’t get the love unfortunately. 

I think a part of the reason Volk doesn’t get the credit he should is because of the bollocks narrative that’s been peddled that the second Holloway fight was a robbery. I’m a fan of Volkanovski but I’m an even bigger fan of Max Holloway, so if anyone would’ve been looking for reasons to score rounds for Holloway it’d be me. But I had Volkanovski winning both fights. The second was closer than the first but in no way was it anything like a robbery. Yet some will die on the hill that it should be 1-1 between them now. 

5 hours ago, David said:

I'm glad they're seemingly moving in different directions now. I want to both see Volkanovski fight some different challengers, and I want to see Holloway get some momentum without Volk crushing it all the time.

I hope they are moving in different directions but are they? Last I heard Dana was saying Volkanovski vs Holloway 3 “makes sense” now and he seemed pretty settled on it. Have you seen something different since the weekend? Not meaning that in a knobbish way, just wondering if I’ve missed a rumour or talk of them going a different route.

I’m with you though. As much as I love both, I don’t really wanna see a third fight just yet. Volkanovski against Zombie or Giga (if he beats Kattar in January) would be my picks for the next title fight. And maybe Holloway against whichever of those two doesn’t challenge for the belt. Then have Yair vs Ortega in the meantime. I think Volk vs Holloway 3 is inevitable, they’re both just too good to not cross paths again. I just don’t want it next. At some point, between them they’ll have probably wiped out all the other possible contenders and it’ll be the only logical fight to make then. But with Volk 2-0 up and the last fight only being last year, I just wanna see one more fresh matchup for both first. Not like there’s not a ton of options at 145. Featherweight is bursting at the seams with mouth watering matchups. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Agreed. If they insist on pushing Volloway 3 for the next title match, it could get a lot like Cain's championship run, and, whilst it led to some good matches, it will get boring quickly. Holloway needs time to rebuild and improve his game to improve his chances of getting a different result, and Volkanovski deserves to be able to defend against more than just two guys total. 

• Paid Members

Following on from what wand said, Volkanovski suffers a bit of Benson Henderson Syndrome. You win a close split decision over a true fan favorite and it hampers your credibility going forward. The fans just wont let it go.