UFC Vegas: Costa vs Vettori - Oct 23 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What are your options if your Vettori?

As a fighter you would be thinking if he can't make weight safely. Fuck him. That gives me an advantage as he will be way off 100% plus I can get a cut of his pay. There is the risk the whole fight falls apart though and if they can't find a replacement you get nothing.

We know the UFC will push him to just "fucking fight", if he doesn't Dana will publicly throw him under a bus and behind the scenes the other wankers will threaten his future.

Its totally a dick move by Costa. Puts Vettori in a bad spot. I can kind of get this late weight change drama with Diaz/Lawler as that was kind of a sideshow fight between two vets and Nick seemed all over the place mentally. This is the number 2 ranked middleweight fucking about a few days out.

• Paid Members

Costa’s a cunt. Sounds like he never even bothered trying to make 185 and knew he wouldn’t all along. Yet instead of just asking for it to be at 195 from the off, he’s left it until fight week. Not much of a Vettori fan but I hope he batters the big meatheaded div.

On a lighter note, behind the scenes of the UFC photoshoots with the lovely Jessica Rose Clark. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Costa’s a cunt. Sounds like he never even bothered trying to make 185 and knew he wouldn’t all along. Yet instead of just asking for it to be at 195 from the off, he’s left it until fight week. Not much of a Vettori fan but I hope he batters the big meatheaded div.

On a lighter note, behind the scenes of the UFC photoshoots with the lovely Jessica Rose Clark. 

Aye, add that to a fairly recent social media post Costa put out that licked all over the arsehole of right wing Brazilian leader Bolsonaro. He's clearly a supporter of his ridiculous policies, which makes him a Grade A bellend. 

• Paid Members

It’s no wonder as well really when we’ve recently seen the UFC reward Aspen Ladd for missing weight with a main event spot and didn’t seem fussed about Nick Diaz casually deciding his fight with Lawler would be at 185 after agreeing to 170. They’ve basically sent the message out that if you can’t or don’t fancy cutting weight it’s no big deal. I read that Costa’s got to give up 20% of his purse to Vettori now. Which is shite really. Isn’t it usually 30%? I guess because he told them ahead of time rather than just rock up on the scales on Friday heavy, the fine is less. I’d be quite happy to see him get his fake hairline smacked off. 

Fun story; Costa now can’t make 195 and Vettori has had to agree to take the fight at 205 with no increased financial sacrifice by Costa.

It’s somewhat admirable that Vettori wants to keep the show on the road (or, alternatively, a tragic indictment of fighter pay that he has to swallow this) but if he gets hurt, I hope people hold the UFC fully to account. This is properly, properly not on.

• Paid Members

That's absolutely ridiculous. Vettori has managed a full baby-face turn completely off the back off Costa's lack of professionalism. All being well the Italian Stallion pulls off a performance here. 

It's long past being a middleweight fight anyway, so who cares what result may have been the more interesting one for the division. Hopefully Marvin wrestles the hair right off of him. 

Again, see if Costa wins by KO or something, it'll be interesting to see at the post-fight presser if Dana says that he's now in contention for a title fight, or has moved any closer to being "in the mix."

The big-boned fuck should be as far out the mix at middleweight as possible. If he can't make the weight, up a division he goes. We've seen other fighters given that ultimatum.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Honestly feels like Costa is doing everything he can to get released from his contract. 

I’m honestly starting to think he was trying to get out of this fight. To come in so far over the weight, then ask for 195, then 205. It’s like he was hoping Vettori would refuse to fight him so he could somehow claim he was scared or some shite.

Watched this just now;

This was when they were aiming for a 195 catchweight. Can’t make head or tail of anything Costa is banging on about here. Some of it is probably the language barrier, his English isn’t the best, but it mostly just seems like he’s thick as mince. Gotta love the way he’s acting like he’s oblivious to the standard procedure of agreeing to a fight in a certain weight class and then making that agreed weight on fight week. He’s acting like it’s news to him and going on like Vettori is being a bitch for speaking up about him coming in so heavy. 

03-A6-DFB2-CFB3-4-CFC-BD82-D6118660797-A

The fuck? My head hurt watching that video. 

Edited by wandshogun09