WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

A lot would depend on how much they'd charge for tickets. If they charge the equivalent of what they do in the US for SummerSlam and the other big PPVs, I don't think they'd come close to selling out any of the large stadiums in London. I think a secondary PPV in the O2, where they can sell 20,000 tickets at high prices to die-hards, is far more likely.

• Paid Members

I don't think the switch to BT has done them any favours in terms of visibility tbh.

My 8 year old nephew likes WWE but that's only thanks to me offloading my old Xbox 360 and games. I know everyone didn't have Sky back in the 90s either, but it just doesn't seem like a very visible product in shops or popular culture.

For folk my age it'll always be "Hey, are the Bushwhackers still in it? Used to love the Big Boss Man me."

Edited by garynysmon

Travelled a few times over from Ireland for TV tapings in the UK (Glasgow and Manchester) and enjoyed them, id defiantly be up for a UK PPV 

As others said i don't think it will be a big PPV like Summerslam but will be a similar event to Crown Jewel and Super Showdown. They might need a stacked card and bring a few names ie Brock, Maybe Triple H (If his health allows) Undertaker or some other legend in a guest GM role etc

Will this be announced at one of the Novembers UK Live Events ?

Didn't NXT Takeover: London do pretty well as 'live from abroad' Network special/PPV? You always hear that the main reason for them not doing it is the time difference - so, tape delays, potential spoilers etc. but that Takeover and the Beast From The East thing in Japan seemed to go off pretty well being aired live on the Network simultaneously world wide without any delays.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

They should run centre court at Wimbledon. Summer Grand Slam. Have that, Tony Khan.

Then they can bring back Snitsky: "It's not my Fault!"

And Deuce.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I don't think the switch to BT has done them any favours in terms of visibility tbh.

My 8 year old nephew likes WWE but that's only thanks to me offloading my old Xbox 360 and games. I know everyone didn't have Sky back in the 90s either, but it just doesn't seem like a very visible product in shops or popular culture.

For folk my age it'll always be "Hey, are the Bushwhackers still in it? Used to love the Big Boss Man me."

The weird thing is, I see as man WWE toys now then back in the early 90’s Hasbro days and early 00’s Jakks days. We have less toy shops, but Smyths normally have half an aisle dedicated to WWE, The Entertainer, B&M and Home Bargains normally have up to date ranges as well. Even Sainsburys and Asda have some. So kids certainly have access, but I think the visibility of the whole product is largely down to parents. Most kids now are on tablets watching shows, not say in front of the only TV in the house. 

I don’t think moving from Sky has had a massive impact, just less interest in general. Who is the big media cross over star? They don’t have a Rock, Hogan or Cena anymore.