WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

• Paid Members

I don't know how reputable Give Me Sport are as a news outlet, but when I opened Chrome this morning to come here I was greeted by this article. Would they be doing Summetslam 2022 to celebrate 30 years since the other one? Do they stick Harry in the main event for the IC title if he's still there? 

https://www.givemesport.com/1759093-wwe-to-reportedly-hold-huge-uk-payperview-at-90000-seater-stadium-in-september-2022?amp

Edited by jazzygeofferz

I think they would easily sell out, the advertising campaign from BT Sport would be massive alone and im sure a lot of lapsed fans would go, I was at the o2 last monday and that was just a house show and it was well attended.

I wouldn't be so sure it'll be Wembley tho, the New Tottenham stadium seems to be the go to at the moment for London Stadiums with NFL only playing there this year and The Joshua fight this past weekend.

It's smaller as well so easier to achieve a sell out.

Wembley or Tottenham tho I would think they would sell fairly well especially if a big match is annoucned early for it.

It really depends on what ppv it was. If it was Summerslam, I think lots of lapsed fans would go just to say they'd been to Summerslam. I also think that could easily bring people from abroad for such a big event and think it could sell out Tottenham's ground but I'm not sure about Wembley. If they did July Money in the bank, which is quite a big event these days I think it could still get 40,000.

• Paid Members

September's a bit late for Summerslam, isn't it? It'd be more an Extreme Rules or Hell In A Cell type affair. Very much a B PPV. Maybe bring back Capital Carnage or One Night Only or something. Do a Takeover from the arena the night before or after? There could be a good few BritWres shows on in London that week. It'd make for an interesting time. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

I think they would easily sell out, the advertising campaign from BT Sport would be massive alone and i'm sure a lot of lapsed fans would go, I was at the o2 last monday and that was just a house show and it was well attended.

I don't think BT Sport will have the rights to WWE by the end of this year, let alone what they might do next year.