Jermaine Jenas is not, primarily, a presenter. He is a football – ex football player, and is an unknown quantity

scratchdj

• Paid Members

I just got in and The One Show is on. Jermaine Jenas now appears to be hosting and he’s even worse at doing that than he is football punditry. How the feck did he get a presenting gig, let alone a prime time BBC one?

Who else has achieved such prominence without demonstrating any competence whatsoever?

I’m not looking at MPs here, that would be too easy. And there are many examples of successful musical acts who have limited singing ability, but you usually see something that at least a legitimises their position. Jenas is just shit.

• Paid Members

The Good Brothers.

Happens a lot in TV. Being attractive trumps talent more often then not. I haven’t seen her do much but Maya Jama was awful on that Peter Crouch show for the Euros (as was he, but surely they put  an actual co-host with him to try to keep the wheels from falling off.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

24 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I just got in and The One Show is on. Jermaine Jenas now appears to be hosting and he’s even worse at doing that than he is football punditry. How the feck did he get a presenting gig, let alone a prime time BBC one?

Who else has achieved such prominence without demonstrating any competence whatsoever?

I’m not looking at MPs here, that would be too easy. And there are many examples of successful musical acts who have limited singing ability, but you usually see something that at least a legitimises their position. Jenas is just shit.

I mean the prime example of this actually came to prominence on The One Show. Adrian Chiles is the fucker who beat the Monkey Paw curse.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Dion Dublin

I won't lie, there's something about him that I actually find really entertaining.

Jenas though. Nothing. Makes me miss Lawro on commentary because at least he came out with a hilarious failed pun now and then.

• Paid Members

Ridiculous that this thread has got this far without anyone mentioning Sam Matterface. I genuinely cannot recall seeing anyone posting anything positive about him in all the times he's trended on Twitter for being awful at his job. I've even seen James Corden get the odd positive comment. 

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Ridiculous that this thread has got this far without anyone mentioning Sam Matterface. I genuinely cannot recall seeing anyone posting anything positive about him in all the times he's trended on Twitter for being awful at his job. I've even seen James Corden get the odd positive comment. 

Well Adrian Durham says he’s the best commentator in the business and his opinion is always solid and well considered. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Anyone credited for being the voice of Dancing on Ice should be nowhere near our national sport. See also Robot Wars.

2 hours ago, Mr JL said:

Clinton Morrison can just about string a sentence together.

He’s easily the best dressed though. I may be biased but I do like Clinton O’Morrison. He can be pretty insightful about how players react and read the game. I know it’s a low bar but he is much more preferable to that greasy spastic who can’t say foreign names, wailing “Beans” every thirty seconds like some form of melted Spitting Image puppet with Tourette’s.