Paul vs Woodley - Aug 29/The rematch - Dec 18 ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐ŸฅŠ

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, David said:

Because he's an inexperienced fighter, and that's what they tend to do. They get dropped or hit with a standing eight-count and feel the need to "get that back." Come on mate, you've seen enough boxers at his level in fights do exactly that to know how he'd likely have reacted.

ย 

More often than that ive seen fighters get hurt and not want it to happen again.

Jake Paul has world class veteran boxers in his corner and he's boxing to instruction, and to his credit he seems to do it well. The corner wouldnt have instructed himย to go out and get one back because he was still in an advantageous position. If Jake Paul had hit the deck he likely would have boxed the next round exactly as he did anyway. Of course we'll never know and this is a stupid argument but thats how i believe it would have played out based on what we saw.

ย 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Similar to wand, I've had a few mates that are into boxing, and not MMA, bring up it was a fix due to Woodley seemingly avoiding putting any sort of serious work in, as they saw how deadly he looked when he was arsed throwing something serious. I'd maybe think that too if I hadn't watched Woodley do this for years.

Oh well. Fair play Woodley for getting paid and at least he didn't look as bad as Askren. Although I'd be proper annoyed if I was him, that I let the fight get away from me. Hopefully he gets another pay day out of it.

Tommy Fury looks miles off. No wonder Jake Paul wants to fight him soon.

• Paid Members

You'll always get "fix" chat around these lower level fights, i think people are just used to seeing high level boxing so when it looks a bit clumsy or doesn't flow like you're used to, its easy to cry fix.

5 hours ago, theringmaster said:

Seeing some tweets saying Woodley took home around 1 Million, surely that's the biggest pay day of his career? If i was a top UFC fighter i would be asking questions.

That event sold over 1 million PPV's though, did it not? How many UFC fighters deliver those kinds of numbers regularly?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • wandshogun09 changed the title to Paul vs Woodley - Aug 29/The rematch - Dec 18 ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐ŸฅŠ

I mean I suppose in the long run woodley got what he was promised after the shit show with the tattoo but yeah there is barely any buzz surrounding this at all.ย 

I dunno if I see the fight going any other way to be honest, woodley for me personally has lost that fire and drive he used to have and I just don't know if he can get the job done. He seemed to lack the ability and drive to pull the trigger last time and it looked like in his head he had another 10 rounds to go. The urgency never cameย