UFC Vegas: Brunson vs Till - Sep 4 šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

So whoā€™s getting ticketsĀ to thiā€¦oh.Ā Yep. After all the talk of this being inĀ London and them filling up the card with UK and European fighters,Ā itā€™s back in Vegas. Smashing.

942-AC620-D1-C3-4687-AE6-E-67134-FCBFA48

ESPN+ MAIN CARD
Derek Brunson vs Darren Till

Tom Aspinall vs Sergey Spivak

David Zawada vs Alex Morono

Khalil Rountree vs Modestas Bukauskas

Luigi Vendramini vs Paddy Pimblett

ESPN+/FIGHT PASS PRELIMS
Ji Yeon Kim vs Molly McCannĀ 

Jack Shore vs Liudvik Sholinian

Charles Jourdain vs Julian Erosa

Dalcha Lungiambula vs Marc-Andre BarriaultĀ 

Jonathan Martinez vs Marcelo Rojo

Ā 

Guessed the bout order for now. Whatā€™s it matter anyway, you know itā€™s gonna change a million times between now and fight night anyway. Really like this card. Definitely wouldā€™ve went to this if it was over here. Best UK card weā€™ve had in a while and itā€™s in Vegas. Typical.

Ā 

757-F3-B83-3-DF6-4948-9445-6909-D4-BA72-

Derek Brunson vs Darren Till headlines. Wouldā€™ve been a nice main event for London. Oh well. This oneā€™s taken ages to actually get confirmed. Till had a broken collarbone earlier this year, which took him out of a scheduled April headliner against Marvin Vettori. It finally got made official a few weeks ago and here we are. Thereā€™s actually a little bit of history here. Nothing serious but theyā€™ve gone back and forth on Twitter a couple of times and talked about fighting each other.

33253-C18-3-F9-B-4564-85-BF-1672130-B261

17-E03-A76-0-C5-A-4-EF4-8-A13-30-D6-A768

Not a fan of Till but ā€œbig fat bollock of a manā€ killed me. Especially because it was aimed at Brunson who doesnā€™t appear to have an ounce of fat on him. That was late last year and obviously nothing came of it. Tillā€™s had quite a run of bad luck, to be honest. He fought Robert Whittaker on Fight Island last July and lost a competitive and fairly close fight by decision. Since then heā€™s had fights with Jack Hermansson and Marvin Vettori fall through. Hopefully this one goes ahead. Tillā€™s had his ups and downs but heā€™s still a ā€˜nameā€™ in the division and that combined with him being a gobshite means heā€™s always probably just one big win away from being back in title contention. Adesanyaā€™s expressed interest in fighting him before as well so that helps his cause. If Izzy goes 2-0 over Whittaker, itā€™s not like heā€™s got a ton of interesting challengers left. So the winner of a fight like this might be closer to a shot than we think. Brunson would deserve it anyway, to be fair. Yeah, he got wrecked by Adesanya last time they fought but that was 3 years ago and heā€™s gone unbeaten since. Heā€™s started to become a bit of a prospect killer lately as well. Edmen Shahbazyan and Kevin Holland were the talk of the town at 185 for a bit and there was real buzz on both. Brunson shut that talk right down by completely dominating both in his last two fights. A big win over Till here would be his fifth win in a row. I wouldnā€™t be against him getting the next crack at the winner of Adesanya vs Whittaker 2 if that happens. Interesting fight here though. Till talks a big game and he is a good fighter but he can be frustrating to watch at times. Heā€™s got a tendency to wait too long to pull the trigger and that lack of urgency could cost him if it rears its head again here because Brunson doesnā€™t piss about. Good fight. Iā€™m rooting against the Brit here though. Just canā€™t warm to Till, never have, heā€™s a helmet.Ā Brunson seems a good guy and itā€™d be nice to see himĀ get that title shot. Heā€™s worked hard to get back there.

Ā 

77078-AF9-E652-45-C5-80-BE-ADD6-B654732-

Tom Aspinall vs Sergey Spivak. Looking forward to this. It was supposed to be Aspinall vs Sergei Pavlovich but Visa issues took Pavlovich out and here we are. To be fair, Spivakā€™s the same kind of test. Itā€™s early days forĀ Aspinall anyway but this is a bit of a step up. Heā€™sĀ turned quite a few heads since coming to the UFC. Watching Heavyweight MMA, itā€™s not that often you get new faces come along who seem worth getting a bit excited about. So when a guy like Aspinall surfaces, it understandably gets people talking. Heā€™s only 28, which is practically a baby in the Heavyweight division. Heā€™s from Manchester, England. Letā€™s be honest, England hasnā€™t had a genuine Heavyweight in MMA who could make waves sinceā€¦when?

86-E89-E42-7-AA6-443-B-BA0-E-5-D2-E64-EB

Heā€™s a big old lump at 6ā€™5ā€ and not far below the 265lb limit. Heā€™s a BJJ black-belt. And he has a MMA record of 10-2 with all 10 wins being finishes. The two blemishes - one was a submission very early in his career, the other was a DQ after he threw a downward elbow. That was 2016. Heā€™s won and finished 6 fights on the trot since. He signed with the UFC in 2020, made short work of shitehawk Jake Collier and Alan Baudot. Then in February he got his first big name opponent and submitted the legendary Andrei Arlovski. Not bad going. On top of all that, he seems a top bloke as well. Hard not to root for him. Just being realistic though, some of the talk Iā€™ve seen has been a bit much. Iā€™m seeing people talk Aspinall up as if heā€™s the champ in waiting but his best win to date is over a faded Arlovski. I like him and heā€™s clearly a more promising Heavyweight than most of the knuckle dragging no hopers we see come through. But some people see a bit of potential and get silly with it. So far, so good. But thereā€™s still a longĀ way to go. Spivakā€™s 26 years old, 13-2 and coming off 3 straight wins. Heā€™s come up short a couple of times but heā€™s shown flashes of promise in a division where not thatĀ many of the new blood do. He beat Alexey Oleynik last time out and also scored a dominating submission win over Tai Tuivasa a couple of years back.Ā This is probably the toughest test for Aspinall to date. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how Aspinall tackles this one.

Ā 

CCDED593-439-F-4522-954-F-728-EC673-EAAA

David Zawada vs Alex Morono. BitĀ hazy on both of these two. I know Iā€™ve seen them both before but Iā€™m drawing a blank on Zawada especially.Ā Vaguely recall himĀ from his submission win over Abubakar Nurmagomedov a couple of years back but thatā€™s about the extent of my recollections of him. Heā€™s German, nicknamed ā€˜Sagatā€™ and heā€™s 17-6 with 15 finishes. Morono Iā€™mĀ bit more familiar with just because heā€™s mixed with some more big names. Heā€™s 19-7-0-1 and is coming off the biggest win of his career to date, a first round TKO over Donald Cerrone in May. He also fought Anthony Pettis in December, losing on points, and has solid wins over Max Griffin, Josh Burkman and Kyle Noke on his record. Heā€™s stepping in on late notice here though, filling in for Sergey Khandozhko.Ā 

Ā 

9-DF91-DB2-2-C48-4408-9449-2-DD280-DA0-B

Khalil Rountree vs Modestas Bukauskas. Not sure about this. Should be fun to watch but fuck knows how it plays out. Wasnā€™t Rountree on about retiring a couple of fights ago? Bit surprised to see him still plugging away. Heā€™s only 31 but he seemed pretty set on hanging it up if I remember right. Heā€™s had a funny old career. You look back and heā€™s actually had some great moments. Knocked Paul Craig out in a round, in Glasgow of all places! Knocked Kickboxing pitbull Gokhan Saki out in about 90 seconds. Put on that Muay Thai masterclass against Eryk Anders that had Rogan rubbing one out under the announcers desk. When heā€™s been on form heā€™s looked like a potential contender. But for almost every win thereā€™s been a loss following it. Heā€™s been so inconsistent. And some of those losses were vicious. Heā€™s up against another hitter here as well.Ā Bukauskas is 27, from Lithuania with a record of 11-4 with 10 finishes. Mostly knockouts. He fought mostly on the UK scene before signing with the UFC and was the Light Heavyweight champion in Cage Warriors. Heā€™s also coming off a couple of losses though and got completely wiped out by Jimmy Crute not long ago. Proper up in the air on this. Really feels like anything could happen here.

Ā 

5448-EF57-E682-4-FC6-B86-D-D57-CE16-B009

Luigi Vendramini vs Paddy Pimblett. The day has arrived. Paddy the Twat is in the UFC. Itā€™s been talked about and seemingly been on the cards forever but itā€™s finally happening now. Never liked him, always thought he seemed a dickhead and him having the cheek to wear the Sakuraba shorts is pretty much blasphemy in MMA. But heā€™s a good fighter and heā€™s a gobby little prick so heā€™ll no doubt stir things up and create some drama in the UFC.

23-CFC67-C-DBCE-4020-9832-1-D384-EDA4-D1

Heā€™s from Liverpool (incase you missed him mention it), 26 years old, former Cage Warriors champion with a record of 16-3 with 12 finishes. The grappling is his strong suit but heā€™ll mix it on the feet as well. Just canā€™t stand him though and I hope his UFC career flops. Heā€™s already chatting bollocks about Khabib ā€œonly ever beating 3 decent fightersā€ or some shite and bickering with fans on Twitter like a teenager. I dread to think what heā€™ll be like if he does well in the UFC and starts getting more visibility. He seems like the type who it wonā€™t take much before heā€™s wishing death on someone on social media or saying something homophobic etc. Heā€™s a right wally. Canā€™t remember that much about Vendramini and heā€™s lost 2 of his last 3 fights. On the face of it, seems like the UFC trying to give Paddy a nice debut win but Vendraminiā€™s also a BJJ black-belt so it could be a fun ground battle. Iā€™d love to see Pimblett come in all cocky and get choked out in his debut.

Ā 

4-E309-FEE-648-C-43-AD-9-FE1-FC1-BB9-C86

Ji Yeon Kim vs Molly McCann. Decent enough. Not gonna pretend Iā€™m that arsed but itā€™s an alright fight. Kimā€™s South Korean with a 9-3-2 record. She went the distance in losing efforts with Alexa Grasso and Antonina Shevchenko but she did batter Nadia Kassem with a body shot in between those losses. I like her for that alone because Kassem pulled a cheap move where she faked a glove touch and then threw a strike, seeing Kim fold her with a body punch after that was sweet. ā€˜Meatballā€™ Molly really could do with a win here. Sheā€™s 10-4 now and coming off back-to-back losses. One of them was against Taila Santos who I really rate as the darkhorse of Flyweight and a future contender but still, losses are losses. She was on a decent little 3 fight streak not too long ago but itā€™s all fizzled out lately. A third consecutive loss here would be hard to bounce back from.

Ā 

1-A74-B493-0-EEE-46-F5-9504-6049-D76-C35

Jack Shore vs Liudvik Sholinian. BeenĀ a bit of a fuck about getting here.Ā Shore was originally set to face Said Nurmagomedov in a Wales vs Dagestan battle of prospects on this card but Said droppedĀ out. They brought in undefeated LFA champ Zviad Lazishvili as a replacement but within days heā€™d also pulled out with an injury. In steps Liudvik Sholinian. Hopefully thatā€™s the last of the changes.Ā Shore is 14-0, 12 came inside the distance and heā€™s a BJJ black-belt and former Cage Warriors Bantamweight champ. Heā€™s gone 3-0 in the UFC so far but hasnā€™t been able to get off the prelims yet for some reason.Ā Sholinian is Ukrainian with a record of 9-1-1 and was on the latest season of TUF apparently. Iā€™m none the wiser but on late notice, there werenā€™t many options and itā€™s a big opportunity for the newcomer. Bit shitty for Shore though. As the hot prospect who was already booked for this card, heā€™sĀ expectedĀ to win this but the circumstances are far from ideal. Hopefully he gets a nice win and can finally start making some progress up the card.

Ā 

33-A93185-7846-4-EEE-B712-79-C1-A0-E8-F5

Charles Jourdain vs Julian Erosa. Yet another late switch up. We were supposed to get Jourdain against Lerone Murphy here, a fight I was really looking forward to but this card just got shagged dry with fights getting binned left and right. This is a decent backup but not as good as the Murphy fight. Oh well. Jourdainā€™s got the look of someone with real potential but just hasnā€™t quite put it all together yet. Heā€™s 25 years old, a BJJ black-belt and a former two weight champ in the TKO promotion in Canada. He had a corker of a fight with Marcelo Rojo back in March, and got the stoppage in the third round. But heā€™d had a bit of a hot and cold run in the UFC prior to that. Couple of split decisions in there muddying the waters but heā€™s got a lot of upside and heā€™s only getting better. Erosa is 25-9 and coming off a vicious first round TKO loss to Seung Woo Choi in June. Before that he was putting together a nice little win streak. Probably be a fun one this. Their styles match up well on paper and Erosa will be looking to get back on track with a strong showing.

Ā 

E998-E910-5820-4576-A86-C-6-BABFF6-E469-

Dalcha Lungiambula vs Marc-Andre Barriault. Not doing much for me this but it could be a pleasant surprise. Lungiambula was a two weight champion for the EFC promotion in Africa. Heā€™s 36 years old and 11-2 with 6 finishes. Looks dangerous in the clips Iā€™ve seen but my only real memory of him is when he got kicked in the gob and stopped by Ankalaev. He came back with a points win over Markus Perez in January this year but I donā€™t think I saw that fight. Barriault was also a double champ in the TKO promotion in Canada. Heā€™s 12-4-0-1 and, to be honest, has mostly bored me when Iā€™ve caught his fights. I think thatā€™s the reason for my indifference here. To be fair, he got a finishĀ in his last fight in March but prior to that Iā€™ve found him dishwater dull. Hopefully this exceeds my expectations.

Ā 

69-C73-EED-48-DD-442-E-ACCA-D4-B8-B0-AB9

Jonathan Martinez vs Marcelo Rojo. Was a bit gutted about this because it was supposed to be Martinez vs Nathaniel Wood but Woodā€™s out with a broken hand. Still, Rojoā€™s a nutcase and a fun replacement. It should be wild. Martinez is coming off a knockout loss against Davey Grant but heā€™d scored nice wins over Thomas Almeida and Frankie Saenz before that. He usually brings it. Even in defeat that fight with Grant was a hell of a scrap. And Rojoā€™s a little madman. Never gonna be a world beater but heā€™s in that same mould as Michel Pereira for me. You never know what heā€™s gonna do next and it makes for edge of the seat viewing. He mightnā€™t go far but not everyoneā€™s gonna be a contender, thereā€™s always room for a lunatic like this in any division. He had that loss to Charles Jourdain in March but it was a brilliantly chaotic fight and, in fairness to Rojo, heā€™d stepped in on short notice. Not ideal for his UFC debut and again here, heā€™s jumping in as a substitute. Regardless, this should be a lively one.

Ā 

Howā€™s about that then?Ā 

C8F421AD-D96D-4AD1-B574-5C272BE5F439.jpeg

Ā 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I hope Shore/Nurmagamedov lands on that main card. Shore's UFC run seems to be going quietly under the rader but its probably helping him bed in properly. Cracking fight.

Volkan stepping into an Ankalaev fight after that KO to Jiri is absolute madness, the suds on that guy. I aint fancying his chances.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

I hope Shore/Nurmagamedov lands on that main card.

Definitely deserves a main card spot. It might get one yet. Like I said, my order there isnā€™t official. Even if itā€™s high up on the televised prelims itā€™ll be a step up. His first 2 UFC fights were both the very first prelim on Fight Pass. They had him jerking the curtain both times.

Iā€™m with you on Volkan as well. Got a feeling this oneā€™s ending badly for him. He has had a year off since that Jiri KO, which was probably a wise move because it was a bad one. But coming back against Ankalaev just sounds like bad news to me.Ā 

• Paid Members

Pimblettā€™s been having a rightĀ whinge about that and demanding an apology but something mustā€™ve went on because Vendraminiā€™s own manager confirmed that they were offered a different opponent.

Donā€™t really get why the UFC wouldĀ be offeringĀ a new opponent if they didnā€™t think PaddyĀ was out. Iā€™ve never known Marcel Dorff to tweet bullshit either, usually if he reports something you can count on it.Ā I think his information was legit but something changed and the fight stayed intact. Whatever though, balls to Paddy.Ā 

• Paid Members

Yeh its a weird one. Paddy's being having a right pop at Marcell too even after he issued an apology. Ive seen a lot of MMA media run to Marcell's defence, including Jon Anik. I dont quite understand why Pimbletts so angry about it?

• Paid Members

Cause heā€™s a dickhead. Heā€™s acting like heā€™s been victimised or has suffered in some wayĀ because someone tweeted that a fight was off when it wasnā€™t. Heā€™s a weirdo and it just makes me think there must be something to it.

Fuck, Marcelā€™s pinned tweet is always a thing with all the current UFC cards scheduled and the fights listed (itā€™s a godsend for me keeping up with the card changes for the opening posts) and he wonā€™t even add a fight to that unless itā€™sĀ either confirmedĀ by the UFC themselves or by one of the fighters involved. This is how heā€™s currently got UFC 267 listed;

64-D1880-E-EC22-4-A57-84-B1-8-A912-F8168

No Sterling vs Yan 2 on there despite it being all but confirmed and even the likes of Helwani have tweeted itā€™s on this card. But heā€™s still not added it to this because it hasnā€™t been made official by the UFC or either camp yet. The manā€™s a stickler forĀ getting stuff confirmed before running with it. Heā€™s one of the most reliable around.

Itā€™s a nothing story in the end but itā€™s a shame the guyā€™sĀ apparently had some stick over this. Again, I will piss myself if Paddy gets strangled after all this time and talk leading to his eventual UFC debut.Ā 

• Paid Members

you can tell that from the response backing him.

Im thinking that perhaps a replacement was being put in place in case Pimblett didnt make the fight (there is talk of potential visa issues) and the actual detailsĀ got lost in translation somewhere.Ā 

...imagine if he does pull out now thoughšŸ˜„

• Paid Members

Someone from UFC HQ definitely gave this twat a phone call yesterday and told him to pipe down.Ā Still couldnā€™tĀ resist offering people out to come to his gym and ā€˜sparā€™ if theyā€™ve got a problem though.

Love the way heā€™s acting like heā€™s been hard done by here, and been ā€œdragged intoā€ the drama.Ā Proper bellend this one. Hasnā€™t even debuted yet and thereā€™s already been a bunch of stuff out there of him retweeting tweetsĀ telling refugees to ā€˜go back where they came fromā€™, ones of him calling peopleĀ ā€œfagsā€ and even that one yesterday calling someone a slut. Absolute weapon. Iā€™ve gone from just finding him really annoying to wanting to see him get fucked up and his UFC stint be a complete and utter flop.Ā 

• Paid Members

never heard of Lazishvili, but he's 12-0 and is the current LFA Champ so sounds like Shore's getting a solid replacement. These Georgian fighters aint messing around either.

Our good friend Marcell Dorff posted on twitter to expect more changes to this card in then next few days.

Edited by Egg Shen