UFC Vegas: Brunson vs Till - Sep 4 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, neil said:

Roundtree's fight, and possibly knee, ending kick was brutal. Its weird to me when people call for it to be banned though, its an attack at the end of the day in a sport that has many ways of causing injuries. Without the threat of a move like that you end up seeing a different style of fighting.

Yeah, in a sport where people get their brain rocked multiple times in a night by shins, knees, fists and elbows and nobody bats an eyelid, it seems a bit off screaming to ban kicks to the knees, despite how nasty they are. Like there was a load of complaining about calf kicks a few months ago because apparently they’re ‘impossible to defend against’. Then Jose Aldo completely shut down Pedro Munhoz’s calf kicking game in their fight recently. There are counters and defences for everything. Bukauskas just got done in by a technique he wasn’t prepared for. 

1 minute ago, Panhead said:

No doubt something will happen to shat all over my perception, but I like how Tom Aspinall carries himself. Not too brash, quietly confident but not dull. He's taking a smart and sensible approach to his career. In a sport full of shitheads, it's nice to see someone act like an adult. 

The moment he found out he got the POTN bonus;

He’s right at the point now where the hard work is starting to pay off and it’s cool to see. He’s probably not on much to show/win but he’s got POTN now for 3 out of his 4 UFC fights. For a guy who turned pro in 2014 and had been fighting exclusively on the UK scene before signing with the UFC, it must be mega satisfying that things are falling into place and he’s starting to get his big break now. And like you say, seems a really good guy. 

3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah Till vs Holland sounds about right. Both in a similar kind of spot at the moment.

On Brunson, I know he had that loss to Adesanya but I don’t think that should hold him back from getting a shot now. That loss was 3 years ago and he’s been winning ever since. Whittaker also had a loss to Izzy, and more recently than Brunson. Brunson’s gone 5-0 since losing to Adesanya, Whittaker’s gone 3-0 since he lost to Adesanya. Whittaker’s 3 wins overall are stronger but Brunson’s had more wins and a couple of finishes in there. So it’s not like there’s much in it at all between Brunson and Whittaker at this point in terms of who’s next. You can make a strong case for either. I’d go with Adesanya vs Whittaker 2 myself just because it’s been the one that’s seemingly been in the works for a bit now and if we’re splitting hairs, Whittaker also has a win over Brunson. But if either were to pick up an injury or something, the other guy is just as worthy of the next crack at the gold for me. 

That could work. I was hoping to see Derrick Lewis vs Greg Hardy next though. That seems a natural fight to make and they’ve gone back and forth in the past.

As for what’s next for Pimblett, there are loads of options but I did see this;

I’d be well up for this. For anyone who didn’t see it or has a short memory, Bahamondes is the guy who might just have scored the Knockout Of The Year the other week with that mad spinning kick. I’d love to see Paddy eat one of these…

LAD! 

Yea fair point about Brunson being on a 5 fight winning streak vs Whittaker's 3. I still think Whittaker gets it mainly due to the fact he is the ex champion and there's a better story to be told, Izzy for some reason really doesn't want it though. 

I would love to see Lewis flatten Hardy but unfortunately if that fight were to be made, it would most likely be a main event fight and I want Greg Hardy no where near the top of the card so I'd much rather see him face Aspinal. 

Bahamondes vs Pimblett would be great, but unfortunately Bahamondes's tweet proves Pimblett was right when he said in his post fight interview "I'm the guy people are going to be calling out now." It will just feed his over inflated ego.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

I would love to see Lewis flatten Hardy but unfortunately if that fight were to be made, it would most likely be a main event fight and I want Greg Hardy no where near the top of the card so I'd much rather see him face Aspinal. 

I'd have said Blaydes vs. Hardy would also be a good match to make; I reckon Blaydes is still up there as a potential contender, who's only really been derailed by the sheer fuckery of fate that occurs at HW - a match with Hardy could be what he needs to get him back on the road to contention.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Bahamondes vs Pimblett would be great, but unfortunately Bahamondes's tweet proves Pimblett was right when he said in his post fight interview "I'm the guy people are going to be calling out now." It will just feed his over inflated ego.

Yeah he’s gonna be insufferable whatever the case though. The good thing is that the endgame is gonna be that someone is gonna twat him sooner rather than later. 

7 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'd have said Blaydes vs. Hardy would also be a good match to make; I reckon Blaydes is still up there as a potential contender, who's only really been derailed by the sheer fuckery of fate that occurs at HW - a match with Hardy could be what he needs to get him back on the road to contention.

Blaydes is fighting Rozenstruik at UFC 266 in a couple of weeks, which on paper is also a good style matchup for him with Rozenstruik being pretty much a pure striker. But you never know. I would enjoy watching Blaydes just smother him though, not even finish him. Just make it a miserable domination like Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Blaydes is fighting Rozenstruik at UFC 266 in a couple of weeks, which on paper is also a good style matchup for him with Rozenstruik being pretty much a pure striker. But you never know. I would enjoy watching Blaydes just smother him though, not even finish him. Just make it a miserable domination like Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring. 

That's why I thought it'd be a good match. I know Blaydes actually finishes more than people think, but his style is conducive to putting an opponent through a long, miserable night if he's up for it.

First time I have ever seen Paddy fight and I kind of get the hype, lots of early Connor vibes but also lots of Ben Askren in the UFC vibes, I wouldn't be surprised to see him flat on his face in a fight or 2.

Kinda felt like a strange passing of the torch of 2 Liverpool fighters with Till seeing an end to his days as a contender and Paddy announcing himself to the world

• Paid Members

Paddy had about as near a perfect UFC debut as he could have had. Not in terms of performance because it wasnt flawless, but it was high energy, exciting and it gave enough all the fans that root against him that glimmer of hope that they were about to see him lose. Just imagine if it had gone down at a packed o2. 

MMA's a weird old game. Performance and perception go a long way. Pimblett created more buzz in 4 minutes than Jack Shore has done in 4 UFC wins. Im a fan of Jack Shore but hes gonna have to do it the hard way. Hes clearly levels above the opposition hes fighting, but his style is so risk averse hes never gonna be blowing guys out  of the water. I wanna see him in with a top 15 guy next just to get a guage on how good he actually is.