RIP ‘Beautiful Bobby’ Eaton

WyattSheepMask

• WyattSheepMask changed the title to RIP ‘Beautiful Bobby’ Eaton
  • Paid Members

What a man. Apparently one of the nicest guys you could meet. I was always touched by the story of him bringing loads of spare spares of socks on the road for anyone who forgot to pack enough. Great wrester as well, probably one of the best tag guys ever. 

• Paid Members

How entirely unexpected, and what a loss. He was brilliant in the ring. Some regarded him as one of the best of all time, at least as a tag team wrestler.

• Paid Members

Wow, that's a gut punch this morning. Just genuinely brilliant. A pro's pro, just always seemed to know his place, know his job, didn't envy or complain about it and did it as well as anyone ever has. Never heard a bad word about him and heard many, many good ones. 

We mourn some fucking awful people following wrestling, he seems like a really good one.

RIP Bobby.

Absolutely gutting to hear about Bobby Eaton, a decent solo star in his own right but what a run with The Midnight Express.

As previously said it seems no one had a bad word to say about him and that he was one of "the good ones" and all round nice guy.

I got to meet Bobby at Wrestlecon in 2019 and he was so nice and gentle. Seemed genuinely pleased that people remembered him and they wanted to get an autograph and meet him.

• Paid Members

Absolutely awful news. One of the best in ring and by all accounts a sweetheart of a man outside it. Everyone loved Bobby Eaton. I remember reading a while back that he had some health problems but hadn’t heard anything else about that in a few years so this is a bit of a shock. His Midnight Express runs with Condrey and Lane will always be what he’s most remembered for but I got into it during his Dangerous Alliance days when he was teaming with Arn Anderson so that’s what I instantly think of when I think of Beautiful Bobby. 

I made this thread last year about universally liked wrestlers who you never hear a bad word about and Bobby was the reason I started it. The opening post here is worth a look for the couple of videos of guys like Steve Austin, Arn Anderson and Jim Cornette talking about what a top man he was. 

Real shame. 

https://www.wrestling-news.net/dont-tell-bobby-results-beautiful-bobby-eaton-appreciation-night/136076/

"Don’t Tell Bobby"– A Night Of Appreciation

This is one of the nicest and funniest things I remember about Bobby from recent times.

This show was put on without Bobby knowing anything that was happening. Bobby wasn't on social media and didn't follow current events so the event could be publicised without him knowing anything about it. Jim Cornette was also able to promote it freely on his podcasts knowing full well Bobby didn't listen to them!

When he was booked for the show he thought it was just for an autograph signing, however upon arrival he found out that the live gate and all proceeds from the FITE.tv sales were being donated to him.

What a class man Bobby Eaton was.

• Paid Members

The formation of the Blue Bloods in 1995.

Always loved this. Regal trying to teach him proper restaurant etiquette and taking him clothes shopping and stuff. “You look like a reject from Saturday Night Fever”. Always thought they were a good team as well, odd couple as it was, although it never went anywhere. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Aww man no, what a gut punch. Was always fond of Eaton, one of the true solid hands in the ring as both a heel and babyface. I’d imagine Corny will be massively cut up by this news having managed him for so long 

There'll be a heck of a eulogy on his next podcast. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

When I had the WWE Network a while back I just watched old WCW / NWA stuff on it and I think if anyone did the same they couldn't come to any other conclusion than that he was one of the greatest of all time. Terrible news, but what a guy.