UFC Vegas: Barboza vs Chikadze - Aug 28 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Stewart’s corker with Julian Marquez years ago was better and more memorable than anything Alvey’s been involved with during his entire UFC career.

And apologies @Panhead I should’ve at least put a little sensitivity warning in there before posting that horrid Khamzat vs Gerald gif. 

• Paid Members

Whats the ceiling for Giga then? hes ranked 9th or 10th in a division where nearly everyone above him is primarily a striker, is he on a legit march to the title shot? I quite fancy his chances against most ranked above him. Man's dangerous.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Whats the ceiling for Giga then? hes ranked 9th or 10th in a division where nearly everyone above him is primarily a striker, is he on a legit march to the title shot? I quite fancy his chances against most ranked above him. Man's dangerous.

I don’t know but it’s gonna be fun watching it play out. I saw this tweet recently;

48-A87920-CC8-D-4-DB9-ADDF-634867-AB927-

I know it’s only Twitter shite but I’ve noticed a trend of MMA fans trying to shit on certain fighters by bringing up that they fought dodgy opposition before coming to the UFC. Mostly sad McGregor fans trying to diminish Khabib’s legacy by pointing out he beat a load of scrubs in Russia early in his career, conveniently ignoring the mad run he went on in the UFC. I started seeing a bit of talk about Chikadze being a load of hype before Saturday night as well, and I’m guessing Barboza being popular had something to do with that. There’s still questions to be answered but the way he dealt with Barboza showed he’s legitimately got the goods. Doesn’t matter how many jobbers a fighter beats in the early stages of their career, it’s how they do when they come up against top opposition that really matters. And while we haven’t seen much of Chikadze against top level opponents yet, what we have seen has been very impressive. Swanson’s clearly not at his best anymore but he’s still tough and dangerous and he only lasted about 2 minutes. And Barboza is about as good a pure striker as there is in the division and Giga got him out of there. Definitely seems to fight up to the level of who he’s in there with because looking at his first few UFC fights and seeing him go to the cards with lower level guys, you wouldn’t have predicted him to be finishing guys further up the ladder but here we are. Makes you wonder how many more gears he can go through as he advances further.

So many great fights to make as well. If it was up to me I’d do Chikadze vs Zombie next. That’s the one to do, I reckon. Future fights with the likes of Holloway, Yair, Zabit if he ever comes back, Kattar if he gets back in the mix, even guys coming up like Gamrot and Topuria. There’s so much depth at 145 and there’s a ton of fresh fights I’m dying to see. That’s all without even mentioning Volkanovski and Ortega. But yeah, on paper you’d think the landscape looks pretty good for Giga being a striker in a division that’s not that heavy on grapplers at the moment. Looking at the top guys, Ortega might be the trickiest style for him but I’d never count out Holloway just drowning anyone in a standup fight, Kickboxing experience or not. And Volk’s proven he’s gonna be a bastard of a puzzle to solve. Fuck knows what happens. Hopefully we see Chikadze in another big fight before the end of the year. The Zombie fight gets my vote all day. 

Edited by wandshogun09