• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Maybe one more suited for the Lame Claim To Fame thread but the younger sister of a girl I went through secondary school with won Silver in the Sailing today. A Miss Anna Burnet. Pity it was "Team GB" but I'm sure days for "Team Scotland" will come!

I'm one of those people who finds the Olympics to be a permanent annoyance because despite my giving not even a shit about it, it seems to infest innocent escapism like  Pointless and also pub quizzes with some vehemence despite me never meeting very many people who are remotely interested in it. Nothing worse than watching the Pointless final round when the couple opt to go for the fucking Olympics instead of the European capital cities that you were baying to answer! Cunts. 

I’m so glad I know of other Scottish people so I know you’re not all a bunch of miserable moaning bastards.

6 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Nothing worse than watching the Pointless final round when the couple opt to go for the fucking Olympics instead of the European capital cities that you were baying to answer! Cunts

Look we're all gutted when they choose "20th Century novels by Irish writers" over "Champions League Squads of the 90s" but not liking the Olympics because it ruins Pointless is really funny :)

Apply yourself! I do every year and will one day make it. (EDIT: Pointless that is, not the Olympics, until they can make being depressed and not leaving a bed for 48 hours and eating yoghurts and bourbons an actual sport)

Back on thread, going into an actual office has meant I have missed the last 2 days but that Adam Gemili interview was heartbreaking. Fair play that he held it that together for it.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

The skateboarding was great. I watched with my 7yo who just bought herself a skateboard on Monday. Those Japanese girls were incredible. The best one finished fourth if we're all honest but hey, if you fall off, it's tough. The end with the Japanese girl in tears because she'd blown it and the GB girl in tears because she'd got the bronze was a tough watch at 7am. Think I had something in my eye.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The end with the Japanese girl in tears because she'd blown it

And the rest of the competitors first going over to hug her and then all lifting her up onto their shoulders. Wonderful to see. There is a real collective between the skateboarding competitors I've noticed. Fantastic attitude amongst them.

The Mens Finals are on at 9.30am tomorrow and Womens Friday at the same time.

The speed Climbing is good fun, i Found the Bouldering and Lead parts a little hard to get into, especially the Bouldering portion but I wasnt fully up to speed of what on earth they were doing, something about reaching certain parts from what I could gather.

The Lead part is a mix of both Bouldering and Speed climbing but without the speed part 

• Moderators

I really haven't watched any of the Olympics but stumbled onto the live showing of wrestling last night. Was a lot more fun than I was expecting to be honest, maybe its because of being more interested in grappling/MMA, but previously I'd always found wrestling to be dull as shit.