1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Tom Daley finally winning a Gold made me weep my eyes out. This shits on far too early for this type of emotional outpouring.

Got unexpectedly emotional myself when they won, and by such a small margin too after the Chinese pairing almost hit a perfect final dive..  I know he's a polarizing voice, but I really enjoy Leon Taylor's enthusiasm and joy when commentating.

Could've done without Dan Walker and Sam Quek trying to foster this "Magic Monday" malarkey though.

• Paid Members

Pidcock was absolutely phenomenal in the MTB, I would've loved to have seen what he could of done in the road race. I suspect the distance and Fuji would've been to much for him though. 

Edited by ElCece

I'm watching it on Eurosport player through Prime. You can select individual sports, rolling category streams and magazine shows but it can be a fuck on to find stuff.

The virtual studio is every bit as abominable as the BBC's on the magazine shows but you do get the bonus of Reshmin Chowdhury though.

You can see everything on Discovery+ if you head to Olympics, then look for the 'On Now' section.  It has all the streams of every session of every sport as far as I can tell.  No magazine shows, no studios, no adverts or any of that nonsense

There are a few issues though - some sports you can pick a whole session e.g. Swimming it goes from the first race to the last race of each session, but other sports like tennis, badminton, table tennis are just a particular match at a time.  That might not be too much of an issue, but I've found it annoying when trying to watch the rugby sevens and 3x3 basketball as after each relatively short contest, you're then having to go and find and sometimes wait for the next one to begin.

Much better than watching on the BBC or Eurosport though.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, BigJag said:

I missed the Mountain biking from the other day. Does anyone know if there is an on demand option for past events?

Yeah, BBC Iplayer have a list of events for each day. If you go to day 3 it has should have the full race. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I’ve just seen some of the BMX and it’s incredible. It’s like real life Excitebike.

Yes!!! That's exactly what I said to my wife and daughter after we watched some of the prelims tonight! It's bloody ace, the tracks look really cool. 

• Paid Members

That is something I have noticed about the cycling events in Japan. The scenery and setting is very interesting and appealing. Thanks to @ElCece. I managed to watch the Mountain Biking. If that's a manmade course. They've done a great job of it.

The BMX track looks as if it's been built in the middle of a bunch of skyscrapers. Looks fantastic.

Have BMX bikes always been that small?

Edited by BigJag

Womens Archery Final went to a shoot off! Which would've been exciting but the South Korean bagged a 10 in her first shot and the 'Russian' couldn't match it.

The BMXing was great. Remember that this is a sport that has had ZERO funding since the last games so that is an incredible achievement.

Rugby Sevens, whilst being an OK day out at Twickenham every so often, needs to be binned.

I might be going mad, but is it a full size pitch? It certainly looks it. Imagine playing 5 a side on a full size football pitch. Mental.