• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Isn’t there a deal where you can get a year of discovery plus if you’ve got a Sky Q box?

There's some offer along those lines that I've completely ignored to date as I never thought I'd need Discovery+, but I definitely have a reason now that BBC aren't showing much. 

• Paid Members

Double post your mum

Thanks to Superbacon and Kool Keith, I've been rinsing the Discovery+ app on Sky for the past hour. 

It's fucking ace. I've gone from handball to table tennis to - wait for it - SUNNY D 3 ON 3! My word I didn't realise this had been added to the Olympics. They have music pumping throughout the match. love the fact they're adding more street sports and sports from California Games too. He's hoping footbagging makes an appearance!

Hopefully there's a small sided version of Football added one day. I suppose the dilemma will be deciding which one (5 a side as we know it isn't as popular outside of UK and Ireland). I guess it will only be a matter of time until Futsal is added, but I want boards damnit!

• Paid Members

I've got some soccer sixes. Really should upload my collection somewhere but cannot be arsed!

The Tunisian kid Hafnaoui winning the 400m freestyle this morning was fantastic. The reaction of his coach was priceless. 

42 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

How Sam Quek got the presenting gig I’ll never know. She’s less natural than the sets.

She is one of the new team captains for the rebooted 'A Question of Sport' so I can only assume this is a way of giving her some experience and exposure before that.  I've not seen any of her today but thought she was very poor yesterday.  She would have been ideal for the Hockey coverage in some aspect (commentary, analysis, interviewer) but the BBC seem to have a thing for the Richardson-Walsh's who I am guessing will be all over it instead.

I'm just hoping Michael Johnson will be on the Athletics coverage as usual.  I've not seen him say anything on his Twitter feed about who he is working for but he's the saving grace of the Beeb's output (along with Gabby Logan) and I dread to think how bad it will with Colin Jackson and Denise Lewis carrying the load with the likely occasional appearances of Paula Radcliffe and Jess Ennis too.

• Paid Members

The two France games in the Olympic football have had a grand total of 0 goals in the first half and 12 in the second!

Wasn't there an Olympic Soccer on PS1 that I remember as a really fun game. Alan Green on commentary too I think.

I got that game in 96 for Christmas (think it came with the PS1 as part of a sales pack - the PS1, two controllers, Olympic Soccer, Tunnel B1, Firestorm Thunderhawk 2 and Alien Trilogy), it was really fun for the time. Even with the players having pointy arms, it was a very...open and fluid feeling compared to games at the time. And you could dive! Was blown away when my brother got a freekick off a blatant dive where the tackle missed by a mile.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Hopefully there's a small sided version of Football added one day. I suppose the dilemma will be deciding which one (5 a side as we know it isn't as popular outside of UK and Ireland). I guess it will only be a matter of time until Futsal is added, but I want boards damnit!

Futsal and beach soccer should be in the Olympics. There's no reason why football should be in it, nor tennis and basketball for that matter. In fact, basketball shouldn't be allowed anywhere, ever.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Futsal and beach soccer should be in the Olympics. There's no reason why football should be in it, nor tennis and basketball for that matter. In fact, basketball shouldn't be allowed anywhere, ever.

Except for 3x3. That has been awesome!

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The Skateboarding last night was fantastic to see. It might be the first Olympic sport I've ever seen where the athletes perform whilst still wearing their earphones. Pure sport.

Watched some of the prelims before I went to bed and then watched the final this morning. Fantastic stuff, so glad Jagger Eaton didn't win gold- took a bit of a dislike to him after his insistence to show his abs after every run. Loved Milou and chuffed for Horigome after a difficult start to the final. 

Love the fact that they aren't perfect athletes. They drink Coke, eat shite, some have a bit of a darb on them and they're generally down to earth dudes.

1 hour ago, Version1.0 said:

Except for 3x3. That has been awesome!

Absolutely! It's brilliant. Moar street sports!

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

The two France games in the Olympic football have had a grand total of 0 goals in the first half and 12 in the second!

Wasn't there an Olympic Soccer on PS1 that I remember as a really fun game. Alan Green on commentary too I think.

“He took the man not the ball!” I had it on the Sega Saturn though.

You get the impression that some of the skateboard lads weren't comfortable with the formality and pressure of being involved in the Olympics and indeed that the Olympics aren't comfortable with the vibe of skateboarding. You saw very little of the camaraderie that you see even at the highest level of pro skateboarding and at least one of the finalists alluded to that in his post final interview.

Nyjah Huston not medalling will be  abig deal in the sport, like if prime Usain Bolt shat the bed in a major athletics championship. If this is skateboardings big play for mainstream appeal, the sport's stars coming out is essential, so all eyes will be on the women even more now with all the hoopla surrounding Sky Brown and Leticia Buffoni being super marketable.

Edited by BrodyGraham