• Paid Members
2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

It was the same with the Copa America, I tried watching a few games but gave up after 10 mins or so. After a day of watching Euro 2020 matches in various capacity stadia, Ecuador v Columbia in a cavernous and empty bowl was incredibly shit.

Most of the South American football I watch is often played in front of hardly anybody anyway so I was fine with it!

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Did you not enjoy any of the crowd-less sport that has been prevalent over the last 16 months or so then?

I thought the snooker was much better without a crowd and I was disappointed to see them back.

The football tournaments are already throwing up a few surprises, the US women's team lost to Sweden yesterday having gone 44 games unbeaten previously while in this morning's men's games Spain, containing a few of the squad that got to the Euros semis, drew with Egypt, France got thumped by Mexico and Argentina got beat by Australia

• Paid Members

France and Argentina losing aren't particularly big surprises, neither have assembled strong sides for the Olympics.

I can't believe how many of the Spanish Euros squad are at the Olympics though. Let them rest!

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

France and Argentina losing aren't particularly big surprises, neither have assembled strong sides for the Olympics.

Yeah, that France squad is unrecognisable even from the Euro U21 championships. Very few of their big prospects and 2 of their overage players are pissing about in Mexico (sorry @Devon Malcolm!)

18 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I can't believe how many of the Spanish Euros squad are at the Olympics though. Let them rest!

Crazy isn't it. Pedri, Olmo, Torres, Oyarzabal played a lot this summer too. Couple of the other lads were bystanders at the Euros but still done all the travelling, etc. Though someone like Eric Garcia has barely played in a year so it won't harm him.

Looking forward to seeing Ivory Coast in action. Always develop good youth and their overage players, Kessie, Gradel and bailly are strong picks. Scraped by Saudi though so who knows.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

It’s mental, even Richarlison has gone with Brazil having been part of the Copa America squad, paid off so far with his hat trick yesterday like but I’d have rather him rested ready to start the season with the Blues, we won’t have him playing now till late August/early September now

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Yeah, that France squad is unrecognisable even from the Euro U21 championships. Very few of their big prospects and 2 of their overage players are pissing about in Mexico (sorry @Devon Malcolm!)

You don't have to apologise for your English Football Conquers All! snobbery, I'm used to it!

Ecuador with their second ever gold medal, in the Mens Road Race. Lovely stuff and an absolutely brutal (but pretty) route.

By the way, didn't realise this, wanting to watch the Handball (OK Beach Volleyball) over breakfast. Suppose I better sign up to Discovery +

spacer.png

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Ecuador with their second ever gold medal, in the Mens Road Race. Lovely stuff and an absolutely brutal (but pretty) route.

By the way, didn't realise this, wanting to watch the Handball (OK Beach Volleyball) over breakfast. Suppose I better sign up to Discovery +

spacer.png

That's bullshit. I was looking forward to their awesome red button coverage.