• Moderators
4 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I took a slow mo of it on my phone and most of them have both feet off the ground between steps, which I thought was illegal.

It is...but only when viewed in real time by a judge. An absurd sport.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Top level shithousing from this horse. So you’ve whipped me and your trainer punched me and you want me to jump that fence? Let’s see how that works out for you, shall we?

Absolutely serves them right. Is that type of treatment the norm? Where's the outcry?

51 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Top level shithousing from this horse. So you’ve whipped me and your trainer punched me and you want me to jump that fence? Let’s see how that works out for you, shall we?

I’m glad I’m not the only one that saw the coach punch the horse on the upper back leg. Very poor. I think the German woman knew from the start it was gonna be bad, she was hysterical as soon as the camera was on her. 

14 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I can’t find anything for the wrestling on iPlayer, even in highlight form, so is safe to assume it’s all over on Discovery+?

I haven't seen any of it on the BBC, and think the finals were today? Might be worth keeping an eye on the Red Button streams that are added towards the end of each day for it.

What a run from Josh Kerr in the 1500m. If he'd kicked on a tiny bit earlier, that Bronze would be a Silver, and he may even have pushed that Norwegian lad for the win. It was a great race and he did so well to run down Kipsang.

Also TIL that Jessica Springsteen, daughter of Bruce, is in the USA Equestrian team.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 10:06 PM, scratchdj said:

I turned over to see the 50km walking which just looks really silly and was making my shins ache just watching it.

I took a slow mo of it on my phone and most of them have both feet off the ground between steps, which I thought was illegal.

What a pointless event.

bryan cranston hal GIF