Fury vs Wilder 3 - Oct 9 πŸ₯Š πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
On 10/10/2021 at 4:28 PM, David said:

There's an official outside the ring who begins the count and who maintains the count when the referee is distracted so it wasn't slow.

you were wrong on this by the way.

There was a long pause between 5 and 6 but it was because, as i said, Wilder interrupted the count.

Brian Campbell cleared it up on Morning Kombat. It isnt the timekeepers job to maintain the count, he simply starts it and the ref picks it up from him and then continues it as his own discretion. Theres no wrong doing here, but there was a pause in the count.

What a satisfying beat down. Wilder is a complete sap. Should have congratulated him and the story could have been more about the brave warrior that he is surviving so long.

It was clear since before fight one that Fury was completely in his head. Mentality he was broken and couldn't admit to himself that he simply wasn't the better man.

Even more gutted that AJ lost. It would have been the perfect ride off into the sunset fight.

A defense against Dillian seems so meh at this point in his career that's building to be one of the best heavies ever. Legacy wise for me it's all the belts if possible.

20 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

you were wrong on this by the way.

Yeah, I mean distracted at the beginning. There's very few occasions when a referee gets to four, five or more and is then distracted. Most distractions come initially, so that's on Wilder himself, not the official.

The last time I genuinely enjoyed a fight as much as that was probably Lewis-Tyson. Β  This one too felt genuinely historic. Β I think the heavyweight scene is as good now as it's been since.. well, since then I suppose. Β Fury has beaten some impressive guys, I couldn't believe how much punishment Wilder took. Β He looked gassed from Round 1 but clearly that wasn't the issue as he was still moving and throwing heavy shots into the 11th.

I know we often complain about wrestling commentary, but by heavens the commentary on this fight was shit. Β Andre Ward was rubbish. Β Lewis had some great insights but sounded like he was commentating on tiddlywinks. As much as Ranallo rightly gets a lot of shit, at least he'd have sounded excited.

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

thats not what you said initially, but yeah its 100% on Wilder for the pause in the count.

Well, it's how it should work. They have an official outside counting, so why not have him continue? It would be helpful in instances like the one you mention.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Loki said:

Β 

I know we often complain about wrestling commentary, but by heavens the commentary on this fight was shit. Β Andre Ward was rubbish. Β Lewis had some great insights but sounded like he was commentating on tiddlywinks. As much as Ranallo rightly gets a lot of shit, at least he'd have sounded excited.

Ranallo and the Showtime boxing team are the best in the game.

I saw had international feed of this so i had Ray Flores and a woman who's name i didnt catch on commentary, it wasnt great.

Β 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

here's the footage of Fury going to Wilders corner post-fight:

Β 

Thing is, yes, Wilder has been an absolute pipping willy in the past, and could've comported himself better, but I don't think this is anything to take notice of. It's often discussed (sometimes on here) how fighters right after a fight aren't going to be in the most balanced frame of mind, and are liable to come out with things that they probably don't mean when they finally get some time to calm down and think on things.

He may still think so afterwards, but I wouldn't take this video as evidence of that in and of itself.

16 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I was waiting for the excuses. We’ll see if this sticks in the coming weeks and months but I’m pleasantly surprised.Β 

F76D75CF-5A35-4E4A-A30A-32C0A855AB0C.jpeg

If he'd said something similar after the 2nd bout as well he'd have been held in far higher esteem by all. Glad to see he's made that comment, even if I fully expect (and wouldn't blame him) for playing it down in the build up to his next fight.

He absolutely showed me why he's ranked #2 in the world. I don't see many beating him, including Usyk or Joshua.

• Paid Members

if i was ranking the 4 right now, id have it:

Fury, Usyk, Joshua, Wilder.

The postions 5-15 are interesting though. If the right fights get made I see a few of that crop scraping that top 4 in the next couple of years, some good guys in the mix.Β