UFC Vegas: Hall vs Strickland - Jul 31 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

There’s got to be something to it because she’s wasted her own time as much as anyone else’s. No fighter is gonna willingly go through a camp and pay the cost of that, spend time away from family etc just to make it to the day of weigh ins and the fight gets scrapped. There’s no way she didn’t intend to fight. But things just keep cropping up one after another and it’s at the point now where it’s gonna be difficult to even get women to accept a fight with her going forward. Who’s gonna sign to fight her at this point? Knowing chances are you’re just gonna waste your time, money, energy in the gym etc and not even get to fight. Hopefully Montano’s not going through anything too serious but it honestly does seem like MMA isn’t for her. She’s mid 30s now, how many more times can this happen? 

• Paid Members

Fuck, I went through her career a bit when previewing the fight but I didn’t realise she’d had that many fights fall through. Thing is as well, she’s taken a lot of flack over the years, some of it unnecessary, but she also seems to get more sympathy than some fighters. I remember the days of Rumble and John Lineker routinely missing weight and they got relentless shit. Rumble’s a cock so he’s fair game but still. Mackenzie Dern didn’t get much sympathy or understanding when she missed weight for about half her first handful of fights either. And even guys who had horror show runs of injuries like Cain, Aldo and Pettis years ago were getting shat on left and right with people calling for them to be stripped of their titles and all sorts. Obviously if she’s going through something as serious as depression that’s awful. But if that’s the case, fight camps don’t seem to be helping matters so maybe the people closest to her need to step in.

Statement from Nicco;

0533AA89-4A60-4C46-9D79-72BEC7668CE1.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

That co-main spot is especially cursed. Just off the top of my head, Askar Askarov vs Alex Perez, Shamil Abdurakhimov vs Chris Daukaus, Sam Alvey vs Roman Kopylov, Mounir Lazzez vs Niklas Stolze and Kyung Ho Kang vs Rani Yahya were all scheduled as the co-headliner at one point or another and all of them went tits up. Whoever they move into that spot now will probably be struck by lightning on the way to the cage or something.

On a lighter note, Strickland (with quite a head of hair) and Hall back when they trained together. 

3837BCEF-E5A0-46A0-98C4-56611E4E9AE4.jpeg

• Moderators
On 7/26/2021 at 3:53 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Orlando bloke comes off as a likeable chap

LOL...he's absolutely awful and that was a punk move by him. But yeah, two pieces of shit in that video so not shocking that they are training...and getting into it with each other

3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

well, if anyone here was turned off by Strickland pre-fight, probably better off avoiding his post-fight press conference 😳

I saw your post and then straight away watched the post fight press conference out of intrigue. I thought he came across really well and was actually quite likeable and respectful to Uriah......and then the last 10 seconds happened. Jesus

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

I saw your post and then straight away watched the post fight press conference out of intrigue. I thought he came across really well and was actually quite likeable and respectful to Uriah......and then the last 10 seconds happened. Jesus

to be fair, ive only seen the last minute or so. It probably reads worse than it came across on audio.

Edited by Egg Shen