UFC Vegas: Hall vs Strickland - Jul 31 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

😅 I'm a bloody curse. That's twice today I've done something like that. Coming to work this morning "Gimme all your lovin' " came on the radio and I said to my brother that I was surprised they were all still alive. Obviously, those three minutes didn't age very well.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Have all of the drop outs been injury related as opposed to covid related? 

Mix of injuries and Visa issues. I know the Lazzez and Kopylov pullouts were Visa related. Askarov dropped out with a hand injury, I think. The Korean Superboy was injured as well. No COVID pullouts as far as I know. So you know we’ve just jinxed it now and half the card will go down with it over the next 2 days. 

C61C7B63-9BFE-4D2F-8146-34A155363F1E.gif

• Paid Members

The good thing about certain fighters finally getting more coverage and media attention is that it highlights who the wrong ‘uns are. I already thought Sean Strickland was a prick but fuck me.

And I’m sure you were wondering what his thoughts on Palestine;

42-C43128-ABCC-4-A40-9-D58-AFE5-E9777-B6

What a well balanced, charming individual he seems. If he carries on like this it won’t be long before he develops a fanbase who swear it’s all a gimmick and he’s working us all. Because he seems so smart and like someone who thinks things out, doesn’t he? Really he’s just a wally brained thick twat who, up until now, has skated by and gone under the radar, so his mental views have gone unnoticed just because nobody gave enough of a shite about him to notice. Clearly a massive bellend though and I hope Uriah Hall chins him in spectacular fashion tomorrow night. 

43 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

If he carries on like this it won’t be long before he develops a fanbase who swear it’s all a gimmick and he’s working us all.

Not really. He's not doing or saying anything in fight promos or on television. How many people care about his Twitter? If someone like Covington was like Strickland he'd have only yapped about Trump and MAGA on Twitter, where it wouldn't have registered as fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Strickland isn't a gimmick. He's not taking his own personality and cranking it up to ten for professional gain. He's just an idiot who happens to know how to throw hands.

• Paid Members

That wasn’t a dig at you by the way Dave, although it probably seems like it after we were on about Covington the other day. But I’m really not putting it past him gaining some level of popularity among the MMA fanbase if more of this type of shit keeps plopping out of his mouth. We know there’s a section of red neck MMA fans who will be loving this stuff and nodding along in agreement in their star spangled cack tattered underwear. 

• Paid Members

That’s what I’m saying. I’m not saying it’s put on. He’s obviously genuinely a horrible cunt. But you just know he’ll start getting fans now because of the type of cretin this sport sadly attracts. It doesn’t matter what a fighter does - racism, homophobia, attacks on old men, domestic violence, accusations of rape - you still get people supporting those fighters. Strickland will be no different. 

• Paid Members

Ignorant sack of shit.

I've never been particularly bothered about Hall - I initially was excited about him because of his style, and then lost interest because of his sheer inconsistency - but I hope he kicks Strickland's face into the gods.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Fuck me. I wanna feel sorry for her but it can’t just keep being chalked to bad luck. Nobody’s this unlucky. And looking at her weighing in, she doesn’t exactly look sucked in or anything.

A67-CA9-B6-CAF9-4053-A653-17441-FA5-E0-E

Not meaning to be nasty about it, she’s by no means fat, but it definitely looks like there are a few lbs she could’ve shed still. To come in 7lbs over and look like that on the scales, did she even try? Maybe she was injured and couldn’t do cardio or something but still, if it’s that bad pull out. It wouldn’t have gone down well given her track record but what can you do? It’d have been better than this.

The Ronnie Lawrence vs Trevin Jones fight off as well. Lawrence didn’t even weigh in because his body shut down during the cut according to someone in his camp. That really sucks for Jones. He’d already been messed about big time with opponent switches. Now he makes weight and doesn’t even get to fight. The UFC really should pay him his show and win money in this case. He got fucked about royally and still kept agreeing to replacements. None of this was his fault. Pay the man.

Seriously, this card’s been cursed from the off. That’s 2 fights binned just at the weigh in! No doubt there’ll be some fight day surprises tomorrow yet.