The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Shame he doesn’t play for Liverpool, then the discretion could’ve simply been brushed away with “Cultural Differences” and the fans would defend noncing like they defended racism. 

You forgot the bibs.

• Paid Members

I just read Alex Scott will be a new commentator in FIFA 22 alongside Stewart Robson. I’m not familiar with him as a commentator, is he any good?

To be honest, I’m not actually sure who the decent commentators are anymore.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I just read Alex Scott will be a new commentator in FIFA 22 alongside Stewart Robson. I’m not familiar with him as a commentator, is he any good?

No. No he's not.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, scratchdj said:

alongside Stewart Robson

You're fucking joking. How he hell did that prick manage that gig?

He's a horrible man who has spent the past 20 years harbouring resentment towards his former club (Arsenal) because he's not considered a club great.

Great news about Alex Scott though. So many offended white men are now switching to PES, or whatever the new free version is going to be called. 

• Paid Members

With the amount of money they make from FIFA and the fact their “It’s in the game” slogan, I’d have thought they’d want the best, most recognisable voice there is and would be able to afford it.

9 hours ago, scratchdj said:

To be honest, I’m not actually sure who the decent commentators are anymore.

Alex is not doing commentary, she's basically doing what Alan McInally has done on the games, the goal updates from other games on Season mode. Robson does the World Feed games for the PL, Europe and England, he'll be doing what Lee Dixon done, the co comms role

• Paid Members

Unbelievable signing @PowerButchiTaking League Two's best striker from a League One club is some statement. The reaction (I've seen) has been typical hypocrisy though. Everyone talking about the ambition, which I agree with, but if it had been Salford it would have been a disgrace, blah blah.

When was the last time there were four Welsh clubs in the football league? 1988? It's coming again soon, assuming Newport stay up!