UFC 264: Poirier vs McGregor 3 - Jul 10 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Not capable of staying awake all night for this one, so I'll watch it with a pot of tea and a bacon butty in the morning instead. 

Picking:

Poirier - submission, Thompson - Decision,

Hardy - Decision (Urgh), Aldana - Decision, O'Malley - KO/TKO, Griffin - Decision, Topuria - Decision, Duplessis - KO/TKO, Maia - Decision, Tavares - Decision. 

Looking at it like that, outside of the top two fights, it's not a great main card. It just features two bellends that the UFC wants to get over, that it would be great to see both lose. Hardy Vs Tuivasa is a bit of a flip really, whereas the opener has O'Malley in as much of a gimme as the promotion could realistically put on. 

Griffin Vs Condit, Hall Vs Topuria and Tavares Vs Akhmedov could all be much more fun on the prelims though. 

C'mon Dustin, chalk another one up in the win column and then go and get that belt. 

9 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

McGregor genuinely seemed pathetic in that. His act is beyond cringe at this stage.

Like i felt pity for him, and that takes something .

I agree, except I felt no pity for him. Was once a massive fan, then the bus incident and all the shit surrounding it made me sour on him. The "reformed family man" thing he was selling heading into the Cerrone fight and 2nd Poirier fight almost made me give him another chance, then he just acted like a complete twat in the wake of both of these losses. I just want him to go away now. No rematch, leave the UFC, don't show up in WWE... just go box the Paul brothers or something, I don't have to give a shit about that. 

The ending fell flat for me as Poirier was being a dick acting like it wasen't an accident and it was a legit win. So I thought he came across a div.

But then they gave Conor the mic and he goes "Fuck yer wife blah blah blah". Whilst sat on the floor looking like an idiot. I think if the shoe had been on the other foot he would be celebrating too and being 10x the dickhead.

So I guess were doing this fight again...

16 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

The ending fell flat for me as Poirier was being a dick acting like it wasen't an accident and it was a legit win. So I thought he came across a div.

But then they gave Conor the mic and he goes "Fuck yer wife blah blah blah". Whilst sat on the floor looking like an idiot. I think if the shoe had been on the other foot he would be celebrating too and being 10x the dickhead.

So I guess were doing this fight again...

Dustin was 10-8 up on the score cards.

if it had gone another 5 seconds he would have ended the fight. 

26 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Yeah because Conor had a broken leg and couldn't get up. They went back over the end of the fight at the end. Conor didn't go down from a punch. He went down because his leg blew out under its own weight.

1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

Was he genuinely scored like that or is that what you think because was that fuck a 10-8 round. Genuine question.

Dustin was winning but I feel like I was watching a different fight to some. he’d just got back to his feet nearing the end of the round, that fight had plenty left in it. I think Dustin would have won and thought the same before the fight but the way people are acting like this was a crazy one sided fight that was only going one way makes me wonder if I watched an old stream of another fight or something because it is absolutely not what happened.

Conor is an unlikeable twat and made a bigger arse of himself sitting on the floor chatting shit, I get it but any fight that ends that way when both are still in the game doesn’t really count for much imo.

"You can kiss my whole asshole!" 😂 

It's a shame that it ended how it did, but Poirier at 155, for me, beats Conor nine times out of ten. Conor looked sweaty and tense before the fight even started. Dustin looked relaxed, like it was just another fight. 

I almost did a shoey with my cuppa and slipper after Tai Tuivasa walloped Greg Hardy. Lovely stuff. 

Kris Moutinho deserved his Rocky moment. He was still swinging when Herb stepped in. Sean O'Malley's still young but he feels very much style over substance. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, FUM said:

Was he genuinely scored like that or is that what you think because was that fuck a 10-8 round. Genuine question.

Two of the three judges had it down as 10-8.

Going from Poirer shouting out to charity and a kid fighting cancer, to McGregor ranting on the floor about DMs, just about sums this whole thing up for me. He'll get his fourth fight, and I hope Poirer finishes him properly next time. Man's an arse.

8 minutes ago, KJHenley said:

Two of the three judges had it down as 10-8.

Going from Poirer shouting out to charity and a kid fighting cancer, to McGregor ranting on the floor about DMs, just about sums this whole thing up for me. He'll get his fourth fight, and I hope Poirer finishes him properly next time. Man's an arse.

Very surprised at that, never a 10-8 round in my opinion. Absolutely no doubt, Dustin won it but I've seen far more convincing 10-8's in my time that haven't been scored that way.

Edited by FUM

I'm presuming at least one judge thought the final exchange was Conor getting knocked down from a punch and then almost finished. Not the reality of them both missing and Conor going down to an injured leg.

Otherwise I can't see a 10-8. Conor was winning the fight on the feet for one. Dustin had Conor scrambling of his back but he always looks like that when taken down. Dustin landed some nice punches and it was his round for sure but 10-8 naah.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob