UFC 264: Poirier vs McGregor 3 - Jul 10 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

didn't Conor say in the video that it was Dana and the UFC head doctor that were aware of the injury? I dont think its uncommon for fighters to hide injuries from the commission in order to fight. I assume that as long as you pass a pre-fight medical you are good to go.

• Paid Members

Yeah it’s not, that’s what I’m saying. But he wasn’t keeping it that quiet if he was telling Dana, the UFC doctor and taking all these pictures. The point the doctor in that video is making is that, at least from what he’s seen, there’s no evidence of any correlation between the injury Conor suffered in the fight and the picture he posted of the MRI, which showed some damage around the ankle not the tibia. That’s all this is. He put those photos out to prove the injury was already there and a qualified medical expert is saying that the photo shows no signs of the injury that ended the fight. And Conor says a lot of things. Most of it is bollocks. 

• Paid Members

but couldn't damage to the ankle could compromise the rest of his leg? 

Its a bit of a mute point anyway, cause Conor came out throwing kicks like a madman which rubbished the whole thing. I know adrenaline and all that can mask pain and injury in that situation but for a fighter like Conor who very much fights to a calculated gameplan to come out and start kicking like that tells me that there wasnt much wrong with him.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

but couldn't damage to the ankle could compromise the rest of his leg? 

I don’t know but I wouldn’t have thought so. I mean if you sprained your wrist it wouldn’t make your elbow weaker. I think Conor probably wanted to kick a lot this fight, to stop Dustin getting his kicks off, which makes sense. So he’d have been kicking a ton in camp. Icing and wrapping the leg under those circumstances wouldn’t be unusual at all. I’m sure most fighters with kick heavy styles have to ice and wrap their legs constantly in camp. McGregor’s just covered his arse by taking pics of it. Handy excuse. And if his lower leg was weak going in, it’s probably because Poirier fucking battered it in January anyway. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I don’t know but I wouldn’t have thought so. I mean if you sprained your wrist it wouldn’t make your elbow weaker.  

Bit is a bit of a different case though, all your body weight is on your ankles.