Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul (June 6th) 🤠

Egg Shen

Does Logan Paul survive until the end of the fight?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

And most of his well known wins were after his hands were damaged as well.

Ahhh yes, but that is also where competing in the current era helped him greatly. 

In previous eras, boxers fought more frequently. Therefore, had Mayweather boxed in a previous era, his career would not have lasted anywhere near as long. He would be remembered as a very talented guy who had hand problems, rather than a boxer with incredible longevity. 

He was made for the era in which he boxed in. Which in my opinion didn't have the talent of some of the eras that came before it, and didn't punish a lack of durability as unduly. 

Is he an all-time great? Certainly. But he isn't as great as most think he is imo. 

Edited by jimufctna24

9 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

yeah I meant Pacquiao on the Margarito bit. I was using that as an example of Manny’s list of wins not exactly being without flaws itself. Was just pointing out that you can find issues with anyone’s record if you look long enough

People expected ODH to massacre Manny. It was only afterwards that it became clear that ODH was finished. 

Nevertheless, I don't consider Pacquiao to be the GOAT or anywhere close to it either. So a lot of what I have said about Mayweather, also applies to Manny. 

• Paid Members

well, ive avoided everything since Monday morning and only just saw the "fight", kinda wish id just woken up and read the report now😄

i should add that i watched the utterly soulless international one man commentary feed version which strips every ounce of energy out of a broadcast.

Edited by Egg Shen

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

well, ive avoided everything since Monday morning and only just saw the "fight", kinda wish id just woken up and read the report now😄

i should add that i watched the utterly soulless international one man commentary feed version which strips every ounce of energy out of a broadcast.

You should read back over the last few pages in this thread. More entertaining than the actual fight!

54 minutes ago, David said:

You should read back over the last few pages in this thread. More entertaining than the actual fight!

That’s because you posted in them, mate!! (Is that how this works, neil?)