Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul (June 6th) 🤠

Egg Shen

Does Logan Paul survive until the end of the fight?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

it was originally meant to be Badou Jack vs. Jean Pascal until a week ago, which was a decent fight between two past their prime former World Champions, Pascal popped for PED's though.

Jacks now fighting Jervin Colina, hes 15-0 and ranked #13 in the WBA so looks a half decent replacement on such short notice.

Edited by Egg Shen

10 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

s it normal for the co main event on a fucking PPV/Box office event to still not be announced with only 3 day's to go till the show.

Nobody gets a boxing PPV for the undercard. It’s all about the main event. The full card could go unchanged from announcement but I’d say 90+% of buyers will not know what the card is. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

It isnt a fully licensed fight so i dont think the commision would adminster drug testing. I could see Floyd independently having drug testing in place though.

That Logan is a fine specimen though isnt he.

Woah now, Nelly. In this very same thread I said I wouldn’t be surprised if Floyd took a dive as something about this all felt off. Surely not out of the realms of possibility that I’d reconsider my position when the rules came out and basically said ‘the better grift is to run the clock out’.

They’ll do it again, won’t they? Floyd will know he’s in absolutely zero danger, and a rematch will be massive.

I’m almost impressed by Floyd saying the quiet parts out loud too. Referring to himself as a bank robber and whatnot.

Good for Floyd. Good for Logan. Good for everyone.

I have never actually watched them fight properly , but I like the ‘Paul Brothers vs the world’ gimmick.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

They’ll do it again, won’t they? Floyd will know he’s in absolutely zero danger, and a rematch will be massive.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would a rematch of a shit fight, that has garnered nothing but negative attention, and went to the dullest possible decision, and was booed by the audience in attendance, be "massive"? Surely this is as much of a "one and done" fight as you can possibly imagine?

The Guardian coverage is a laugh, though;

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jun/07/logan-paul-vs-floyd-mayweather-boxing-fight-result-earnings

"The fight between one of the greatest boxers in history and one of the best YouTube personalities in his family"

• Paid Members

Always assumed they'd do the other Paul brother against Mayweather next. They'd seemed to set it up so that, regardless of the outcome last night, they could move straight into doing that.

Yes like Chunk said, this is the set up for Jake Paul vs Mayweather surely ? Not a rematch.

What do they sell the rematch on ? Logan survived, next time he won't ? Even the idiots who paid for this would see through that.

Tbh Mayweather is so risk averse if Jake Paul beats Woodley, it would be funny if he ducked Jake.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Tbh Mayweather is so risk averse if Jake Paul beats Woodley, it would be funny if he ducked Jake.

Risk averse? Look at the names he's faced over his career. Corrales, Castillo, Gatti, Judah, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Manny Pacquiao, and an admittedly young Canelo. 

He's ducked no one during his career. He's been smart in when he's fought some of them, but that's a list of opponents the likes of which you rarely see a modern fighter face.