Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul (June 6th) 🤠

Egg Shen

Does Logan Paul survive until the end of the fight?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

i feel dirty for even posting this...

Its one week away, Floyd Mayweather will step in the ring with 0-1 pro Logan Paul.

In this new celebrity, youtube era of boxing, this is the most ludicrous fight they could have made. When it was first talked about I never thought it would actually happen, when the first posponment happened i definitely thought that was the end of it, but here we are, we live in weird times...

mayweather-logan.jpeg.thumb.jpg.2df0a2937e45ea76e47785eee85b4581.jpg

Card:

Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul

Badou Jack vs. Jervin Colina

Jarrett Hurd vs. Luis Arias

Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson vs. Brian Maxwell

Whats weird about the whole thing, is that it just seems to have come out of nowhere. To the best of my knowledge there was no history between the pair, they literally just thought up the most ridiculous pairing they could have and set it up.

The knock on Floyd is that this legacy damaging stuff, people said the same before the Conor and Tenshin fights too but he came out in tact and won both fights with ease, this will likely be the easiest of the bunch. Easy to way to make a lot of momey. Mayweather claims he'll be earning $100 million for this.

Logan Paul is the less vocal and less trolly of the Paul Brothers, and to me it would make more sense if it was Jake Paul against Mayweather, especially after the 'hat incident', but its Logan stepping up to fight arguably the worlds greatest ever boxer despite losing his only other pro fight to fellow youtuber KSI (technically hes 0-2 cause he also lost to KSI in a white collar fight), ridiculous.

0_Screen-Shot-2021-05-06-at-222551.png.8abb519ac6e0f869d27eb6333a1780a6.png

Apparently this will be a 6 rounder and Paul cant weigh in more than 190lb on the night (he was 200lb for the KSI fight). 

If this was the first "exhibition" of Mayweathers id expect it to be a glorified spar, but the Tenshin exhibition fight in Japan was legit and Mayweather smushed the little fella.

DvwkBcwWkAI_yB_.0.thumb.jpg.680f96e41023df04bfc4929039b5d7bb.jpg

i really shouldnt care, but i do 🤷🏻‍♂️

oh and if you wanna watch it live, its cost you £15+ on Sky Box Office 🤨

skysports-floyd-mayweather_5393985.jpg.b25c58ff1db54d2107d58ae7b2c9c4fd.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul (June 6th) 🤠
On 5/29/2021 at 2:23 PM, neil said:

I don't even know how a fight like that gets licensed.

Listening to the likes of Lance Pugmire talking, it seems that he's hinted on a few occasions that the "behind closed doors" meetings with regulators etc have seen Mayweather and his team give assurances that it's just a glorified spar. We know he could legit hurt Paul if he wanted, but in the interest of money he won't. It'll play out over a few rounds before Mayweather gets the stoppage most likely. 

The casual fans will buy in though. Same as they did for the McGregor fight. Only this time it's the "but he's so much bigger, younger, and athletic" schtick instead of the "big left hand" bullshit.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. It's all about the entertainment, isn't it? For me though, it only really gets interesting if in the process of carrying the fight for a few rounds Mayweather somehow gets dinged with a shot and things go off-script a little.

He's 45 after all, and as great as he is, he has to slow down some time, right?

39 minutes ago, David said:

No chance. That 0 on his record means a lot to him. 

Not as much as the zeros in his bank account. (His words, not mine). But yeah, absolutely no change he takes a dive. 

No way Mayweather is losing to a YouTuber in any way. He either makes it looks compelling or competitive like he did against McGregor or the YouTuber is going to get messed up and he moves on to the next non boxer he can smash up and make easy money with. 

Okay so my fiance is going to fucking kill me when she wakes up to the news I've just ordered this on box office but the main event is just too good not too watch even for a non boxing fan like me.........

However I must ask the diehard boxing fans a really important question??!!
Is it normal for the co main event on a fucking PPV/Box office event to still not be announced with only 3 day's to go till the show........2 till weigh ins because that seems very weird to me 

4 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Is it normal for the co main event on a fucking PPV/Box office event to still not be announced with only 3 day's to go till the show........2 till weigh ins because that seems very weird to me

No, but nothing about this event is normal.