TUF 29: Volka-novski vs. Ortega

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

TUF is back, starting next week!

20210526_064227.thumb.jpg.837fdc15c0b456a23b76f5f3d2dfca8c.jpg

A few years back this probably would have just be seen as another season of a show at its lowest point in terms of interest. 3 years have past, the longesr between any season (i think) and im genuinely quite excited to watch it, and of course it culminates with a belting Featherweight Title fight.

The show debuts Tuesday, im not 100% sure when we get it, but it has been cofirmed for BT Sports.

Bantamweights and Middleweights are the divions.

I'll leave it there for now, keep the discussion going as this plays out, anyone else gonna bother?

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Who’s this Volka-novski chap?

Yes Volk. I’ve had a feeling for a while that Ortega’s a bit of a dick behind the smiley nice guy persona he tries to put out. Excellent fighter but there’s been a couple of times when the mask has slipped. The whole thing with slapping Korean Zombie’s translator that time, who must be about 8st soaking wet. Plus he waited for Zombie to go for a piss to do it. And there was that time him and Cain were celebrating the Yair Rodriguez eye poke on Jeremy Stephens as if it was a legit win and shouting “puto” at Stephens when he couldn’t continue.

I’d have been rooting for Volkanovski anyway but I’ve got a feeling I’m gonna dislike Ortega more by the end of this show. Maybe I’ll be wrong on that but I’ve got a feeling the heel turn is coming. Only shit thing is we’re going to have to wait until probably September or something for the actual fight. 

51B39B01-94CD-4612-A03C-95428BFD0361.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

• Egg Shen changed the title to TUF 29: Volka-novski vs. Ortega (starts June 1st)
  • Paid Members

Are we actually getting this on telly over here or is it strictly a Fight Pass job? It’s usually on BT Sport isn’t it? Can’t see it listed on there any night this week, just reruns of the Stipe vs DC season from a few years back.

Oh and Volk let slip on Rogan’s podcast that he’s probably fighting Ortega in September. I’m guessing it’ll be a double main event alongside the Blachowicz vs Glover fight on the 266 card. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I remember they used to air it live at about 3am then a repeat on the Thursday evening. Can’t see anything this week. Surely we’re not on a week delay or some shite? Here’s me actually thinking of giving TUF a go for the first time in forever and I can’t even find when it’s on. 

• Paid Members

They must be reading this thread. 5 mins ago...

Sky just mustn’t have updated the info on their listings. There is an episode of TUF listed for that time but the info says it’s the Stipe vs DC one. 

• Paid Members

Bit of a listless first episode, but it set the scene. Im very much supporting Team Volkanovski.

The show is already on Fight Pass too, for anyone who doesnt have BT Sports.

I see what Alexander was saying on the run up to this coming back Ortega comes off like a massive weapon during the entire first episode.

I'm still unsure what the point of bringing this back with the contender series being a thing now but I guess we will have to see if it's worth it and works out