Nothing at the time but would be a big deal now

Ah just remembered I saw Kota Ibushi in a sports centre in Colchester in a mad hardcore match with his cousin about 5 years ago and all. The mad thing is he was already a pretty big deal at that point.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't believe Nicolas Cage passed on a role.

I attended a 2008 ROH Show in New York which was headlined by the Artists Currently Known As Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins and Cesaro (and... Nigel McGuinness) in a fatal 4-way. I believe it was als

Big deal now would be a comparative term, but Zack Sabre has only wrestled Kenny Omega twice in singles matches. Once was in the G-1 Climax. The other was for 4FW in Chipping Sodbury Town Hall.

15 hours ago, air_raid said:

Not fitting for this thread but memories of Liger, Devitt and Kojima slumming it in a Gloucester leisure centre. Kojima wrestling Rampage, no less.

I was at this show, so weird to see the NWA World Title defended in front of like 100(?) fans. I dread to think how much money they blew on that show

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

I was at this show, so weird to see the NWA World Title defended in front of like 100(?) fans. I dread to think how much money they blew on that show

Don’t go too far down that particular rabbit hole. Matt Jarrett was a money mark that made 1PW look responsibly run.

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Don’t go too far down that particular rabbit hole. Matt Jarrett was a money mark that made 1PW look responsibly run.

Was he involved in 1PW? I don't really know much about him but i remember he wrestled on that show and he looked awful, seriously like he trained himself and in all the press talk he was described as a 'veteran'

Macho Man Randy Savage Vs Papa Shango. If Shango could pull off his Voodoo shit to make that happen nowadays, that would be seriously impressive. 

The first Progress SS16 had an insane line up when you look at it:

Osprey, Walter, Strong, Black, Ciampa, Zack Sabre Jr amongst others. All went on to bigger things.

(Also fair few wronguns on the card)