Canelo vs Saunders - May 8 πŸ₯Š πŸ‡²πŸ‡½ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Saunders to start well and be leading early on,Β  with Canelo taking over in the second half of the fight and winning on points.Β 

Yeah that’sΒ how I’m seeing it. Basically how Canelo vs Khan started but I think Saunders will avoid the knockout. I think it’ll be pretty clear cut for Canelo in the end.

Edit - Jesus Fucking Christ. Look at this monstrosity.Β 

Β 

Edited by wandshogun09

10 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah that’sΒ how I’m seeing it. Basically how Canelo vs Khan started but I think Saunders will avoid the knockout. I think it’ll be pretty clear cut for Canelo in the end.

Edit - Jesus Fucking Christ. Look at this monstrosity.Β 

Β 

I think it will be just like that but maybe little bit closer, something like Canelo wins 115-113 or 116-112. I don't think Saunders has been active or fought high enough competition in recent years to get it done, but he has the skills, movement and southpaw style to make life very difficult for Canelo.Β 

• Paid Members

What a lovely day this is. The sun’s shining, fry up onΒ the go...

47FD394E-BCAF-4A4E-AFDB-889D794C6AC0.gif

...got tomorrow booked off work, taking the kids to the park in a bit...

B8A376EB-7F89-47F8-AFC1-7B06BD828073.gif

...still got the UFC to watch later, maybe couple of cans...

35-EF94-D9-94-E4-4972-AF3-E-24-C7-F1-EFA

A Coors Light, because Bud Light won’t pay me nothing. And hell, I might even get on top ofΒ my wife tonight.

A beautiful day.Β 

Saunders boxes beautifully last night I thought

FIght was fantastic, shame it ended after the 8th. I had it a draw at the time of the stoppage. That uppercut from Canelo was nasty stuff. If he had come out for the 9th with the state of that eye, it was lights out for sure. Really enjoyable fight.Β 

Plant next for Canelo you would imagine, should be good but another victim for the resume.Β 

Billy Joe's going to be sore in the morning. A 1 punch fight really. As much headway BJS made in the middle rounds, it was negated by an uppercut.

It was a fight ender and a career staller. Not an easy injury to come back from. It's not like BJS has fought at the top level anyway. Out of his 31 fight career. He's only ever faced 2 fighters who have held a world title. Andy Lee & Canelo Alvarez.Β  And he's had 8 world title fights in that period.

Saunders was the 7th British fighter to face Canelo. Out of the 7, 5 have been stopped. The two who went the distance were Callum Smith & Matthew Hatton.

Canelo is still only 30 and now has been having world title fights for over ten years.

Good to see a fight with a capacity crowd again. Canelo ramping up the atmosphere in round 8 was a great sight to see.

Β 

• Paid Members

Had it 57-55 at the time of the stoppage. There was a time around round 6 or 7 where i started to believe Saunders might pull it off, Canelo had a few rounds where he seemed to punch less and just follow Saunders around, but Canelo is one of the stronger finishers in boxing. He seems happy to allow people do their thing because he knows he will get to get them later on.

Canelo was up big on the cards at the time of the stoppage.

E06wWpcXIAEe0-Z.jpg.9012f6db3222645387a4f011e37cf7c7.jpg

Shame to see Billy go out on his stool, im sure he's suffering from a broken orbital or something though. It looked pretty messed up.Β 

Β 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Shame to see Billy go out on his stool, im sure he's suffering

97F70C5B-9416-4F1B-9247-E07556C35113.gif

On a serious note, I thought Saunders was doing pretty well, to be fair. I thought Canelo started strong but Saunders was getting into it around the 5th or 6th. I had Canelo a round or two ahead before it was stopped. Seeing all sorts of moaning about the scorecards today, as if Saunders was schooling him or something. It was a competitive 8 rounds, a few could’ve gone either way and there was one round (I forget which) where hardly anything happened. But I definitely had Canelo up at the time of the stoppage. He was landing the more damaging shots throughout and a lot of Saunders best stuff didn’t land (that big double jab was sweet though, must admit). I don’t get the whinging about the scorecards at all. They wereΒ perfectly fair. I think some people went in with the mindset that Saunders was gonna got screwed and have tried to force that narrative after the fact because they didn’t get the outcome they wanted and it’s easier than just acceptingΒ that Canelo broke the twat’s face. That’s all that matters in the end anyway. It makes no odds whetherΒ Saunders was up or down on the cards, because the judging got rendered useless in the end anyway.

I’ll say this though, the DAZN commentators can get right in the bin with that β€˜quit’ talk. For once, Carl Froch was the only one talking sense. When it comes to eyeΒ injuries and you’re risking a potential career ender or even permanent loss of vision, you can’t just β€˜go out on your shield’.Β If he’d come out for the 9th and got his face absolutely caved in,Β the same commentators would’ve probably been saying the corner should’ve pulled him out.Β I’ve said it a loadΒ of times on here but Boxing really needs to sack off this mentality of trying to publicly shame fighters when fights end like this. I said it when a fighter I like got this shite in Daniel Dubois and I’ll say the same when it’s someoneΒ I loathe like Saunders. You expect that kindΒ of talk from fans, who are mostly probably fat virgins sat on their arse inΒ their parents spare room at 42 or whatever. Armchair Emanuel Stewards. But it hits different when it’s coming from pundits andΒ commentators,Β people actually making a living off what these guys do. They’re the first to put the boot in and criticise when a fighter β€˜quits’ but they’re the same ones rubbing their eyes and sending heartfelt tweetsΒ when a fighter diesΒ in the ring or gets seriously injured. Get to fuck. Should be ashamed of themselves, to be honest. Not the fighter who’s actually gone in their and took a million body shots from Canelo Alvarez.Β 

• Paid Members

I did find the commentary oddly biased towards Saunders at times. Chris Mannix had Saunders 3 rounds up. Eveyone seemed to give Saunders round 4 too and i felt that was a clear Canelo round.

Edited by Egg Shen