UFC 262: Oliveira vs Chandler - May 15 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

This is a different twist on a UFC poster. Pretty cool. 

66E1D6C5-1778-4DAF-AFB6-1B73CBEB2D22.jpeg

I love stuff like this. There's such a wealth of design aesthetics out there that can be used, so why not use them more frequently?

That said, whilst this is more Grecian than Roman, this would really suit Bellator better, just given their name.

25 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I love stuff like this. There's such a wealth of design aesthetics out there that can be used, so why not use them more frequently?

That said, whilst this is more Grecian than Roman, this would really suit Bellator better, just given their name.

Despite their name, I'd rather Bellator steer away from the while Glecian/Roman theme. 

"Gladiator Man" used to be a central part of the UFC's opening video packages for PPVs. And truth be told, it was a bit naff. Bellator doesn't need to be copying them and coming across even more as a cheap imitation. 

• Paid Members

As this was already done for the UFC, I wouldn't advocate Bellator then doing it - only if it hadn't been done before.

But I should clarify: the Grecian design scheme is awesome, but I also think there's a whole host of other schemes from across the world they could use in posters, or across the entire field of art. Just looking at Olympics posters across the entirety of its history in the modern age, they could draw on so much.

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Reminds me of the "Our Great Sport" image that used to float around here years back. 

Ah, someone remembers my work. This has made my day.

(Well, I say "my work" - I just googled an amateur wrestling pic and added "our great sport" on GIMP.)

• Paid Members

Was my sig (remember those?). I only came up with it because it seemed to annoy Pitcos (back when he and I didn't get on all that well). 

I actually started up a wrestling fanblog on Tumblr with that sig as the banner, and tried to regularly post my fan reviews of various wrestling shows that I'd watched, but I just didn't have the disciprin to keep it going. Googled it, but it's not there any more.

• Paid Members

They could definitely do with switching shit up where the posters are concerned. It’s not the most important thing obviously but they’re lazy as fuck these days with it. These two shows are only a week apart, and the posters are near enough same, from the layout to the colours.

F2-DB7170-AF4-C-4-E7-B-A538-3-F70-B14263

01117335-9-E35-45-D1-8197-21-F8220-FE789

Granted, Rodriguez vs Waterson came together last minute so they’d have had to throw that one together quick. But given the late change, I’m guessing this was the design the were going to use for the original Sandhagen vs Dillashaw fight anyway and they just edited it. If you’re gonna do basically the same poster for back-to-back cards, at least change the colours up or something.

Again, something of nothing really. Posters don’t mean much. But it’s mad when you see some of the stuff out there made by fans compared to this shite. Then again, they have more freedom to be creative whereas I’m guessing the UFC want more of a uniform look to theirs.

• Paid Members

This is worth a watch. Din Thomas taking us inside the Chandler camp. 

Edit - It’s starting again. Hermansson vs Shahbazyan pushed back a week.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

ahh thats abit of a hit.

I dunno where im leaning with the main event. Id love to see Chandler win it, but i cant help but feel that it he doesnt end this similar to how he finished Hooker he may get worked over. If Oliveira gets flowing here he do a number on Chandler. 

Chandlers coming off 3 quick KOs where he too no damage, and the general feeling is that he was on the slide before this streak so im trying to keep that in mind.

• Paid Members

There could’ve also been a bit of good timing with how the Hooker fight went. Hooker was coming off those back-to-back 5 round wars with Poirier and Felder. Not to diminish Chandler’s win, he did what he had to do. But I’m not sure. It could be a bit misleading. I don’t have a clue how this Oliveira fight is going. It’s always in the back of my mind when Oliveira fights that, as hot a streak as he’s on now, he’s got a bit of a history of folding when it gets really rough.

But then on the other hand, it’s a tricky one for Chandler. How does he approach this? If he wrestles then I have no doubt he gets the takedown. Oliveira’s defensive wrestling has never been up to much, but that’s probably by design because he’s so confident in his guard. And that’s the problem. Chandler can get the takedown but then he’s playing Oliveira’s game. Not to mention that in shooting for those takedowns he runs the risk of getting caught in a guillotine, and Oliveira’s got a wicked guillotine. It’s one of his best weapons. But if Chandler chooses to mostly stand I’m not sure he wins that battle either and Oliveira’s gonna be awkward due to his height and his style of striking. Then again, Chandler’s got the power advantage so I wouldn’t count him out. Especially as Oliveira’s been stopped a bunch in the past.

I don’t know. It’s a really interesting one. I’m leaning towards Oliveira, I think. If Chandler doesn’t get him out of there early I think Oliveira might run away with it. I don’t really see Chandler winning the points game, I think Oliveira outlands him on the feet and ties him in knots on the mat. But if Chandler can mix things up and damage Oliveira, I’m not sure Oliveira holds up to it. Fascinating clash of styles.

I’ll go with Oliveira by sub though.