The PFL Thread 💰

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Having not seen any PFL, I'm wondering, apart from the sporting league model, what else sets them apart? Because it strikes me that any third-placed promotion after Bellator and the UFC would have to pull some short-cuts to have any kind of chance in the market.

Me personally, if I was in charge of the direction of a promotion the size of the PFL, I'd most likely insist on a smaller cage like WEC, and try to sign as many maniacs as possible, even those who clearly wouldn't trouble any elites.

Mind you, I'd probably also put it out of business because I'd refuse to sign cunts like Mike Perry and half the MMA fighters in the world.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

PFL have announced it's re-upped with ESPN, even having shows air on main ESPN this year which is a pretty big deal. Also interesting to see Kayla Harrison feature on the press release and in the video package shared on Twitter. Ariel Helwani stated last week that Kayla staying with PFL was a pretty much a done deal, this all but confirms it.

20220125_165734.thumb.jpg.dbb986674c9e20ed5af05ce91d1e79cf.jpg

• Egg Shen changed the title to The PFL Thread 💰
  • Paid Members

It’s a shame we never got to see her in the UFC but I can’t blame Harrison for staying put. She’s pretty much guaranteed to win another million dollars in the next PFL tournament whereas the UFC would’ve wanted her to make a more difficult weight cut for more difficult fights and almost certainly for less money. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Channel 4, think that may be the the first time they've ever got into MMA?

Pretty cool move, hopefully they bring in more Brits for the season. The midweek shows and on Demand service with all 4 is handy too. Im gonna watch me some more PFL .