Darkside of the Ring season 3 discussion

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ricky sitting here like he's watching Line of Duty. Part 2 isnt going to have a happy ending, mate.  

I can tell you, unreservedly, that Kim Wood is one of the fucking greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of talking too. That dude has seen some shit in his life, has a million amazing stories and

Hopefully someone from Sky customer service. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I thought the A&E show was better this week.  It seemed to have more information. Best part of the DSR show was Hellwigs' ex wife, providing her insight. Both shows skip over sections of Warriors' career. There are areas that could have been delved into a bit more. Aswell as his time in Mid-South and WCCW. His relationship with Sting is one area which needed more extrapolation.I'm finding the DSR shows to be a bit of a chore. Aside from the Pillman episode. I think it's largely due to Jerichos' voice over. I find it irritating and overly scripted. Very unnatural. 

Edited by BigJag

You can tell when Jake Roberts is lying, his lips move.

I thought Warrior's ex-wife came across very well in the Dark Side doc. Very authentic.

Neither doc addressed the male prostitute rumours that made the National Enquirer, wonder if that means the rumours are just bullshit with zero credibility or whether they were protecting Warriors girls from embarrassment?

On 5/29/2021 at 7:13 PM, Magnum Milano said:

I saw David Bixenspan was credited as a "Researcher" on this episode; I can't remember seeing his name pop up in the end credits before so not sure if it was just for this episode or he's been involved the whole season.

He mentioned on twitter he'd provided some footage I think.

• Paid Members
On 5/29/2021 at 7:13 PM, Magnum Milano said:

I saw David Bixenspan was credited as a "Researcher" on this episode; I can't remember seeing his name pop up in the end credits before so not sure if it was just for this episode or he's been involved the whole season.

He's worked on the whole season.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:17 PM, MEGABUCKS said:

Jake is a bullshiter. Jake and Warrior toured Germany together in 1993 and were in the WWF together in 1996 so that Hall of Fame wasn't even the first time they saw each other after Warrior "screwed" Jake by getting himself fired and not losing the belt to Jake after Summerslam 91 even though Warrior had already lost the belt 8 months earlier to Slaughter at the Rumble

Jake bullshit anecdote #178:

In the repeated story he’s told about the 1991 TV taping where the cobra was to bite Savage and approached Jake about having it bite him first so Savage would see if it had been devenomised, Jake supposedly quotes Savage....

”Maybe he has and maybe he hasn’t, stranger things have happened in the WWE somebody wants the Macho Man’s WWE Intercontinental Title and you put a f*cking poisonous snake on him and the rest is history. Macho’s dead, Snake’s the champ’.”

Would that be the IC title Savage hadn’t worn in over 4 years, Jake?

God bless old wrestlers re-writing history.

(quote credit: ringsidenews.com - but I’ve seen it reported on nunerous sites previously and seemingly from different shoot interviews)

Disappointing one this, wasn't after a burial or anything but JR and Cornette felt pretty unecessary and completely wasted time talking about shite both of them know doesn't matter at all. Both of them would have been around in some capacity when Warrior went through Mid South and Memphis wouldn't they? Best either of them could do was whinge about his promos and a free waste of time to Arizona and back. JR probably just still annoyed Blade Runner Rock was the most successful Mid South alumni.

His first wife was great, whole thing humanised Warrior better than Self Destruction or the A&E one managed to too, I thought. Don't think a guys ever had a worst post wrestling look than Warrior though. Not one haircut or beard that fucker gave himself ever looked right. That shot of him in his suit with the goatee and long hair was the highlight of all that, that or that old video of him going berserk at the college and everyone cheering him like fucking Eric Morecambe or somebody whenever he says something stupid.

Also, did he have absolutely no fucking mates? Unless i'm forgetting there wasn't anybody on there apart from his ex obviously who was just his mate. It reminded me of that Chevy Chase roast where nobody shows up because he was a cunt for years.

12 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

Also, did he have absolutely no fucking mates? Unless i'm forgetting there wasn't anybody on there apart from his ex obviously who was just his mate. It reminded me of that Chevy Chase roast where nobody shows up because he was a cunt for years.

He did but most have died like Kerry Von Erich, Randy Savage, Owen Hart. The few who are still around are guys like Jim Powers

• Paid Members

Just watched the Grizzly Smith episode.  Very disturbing.  Frightening how people just turned a blind eye to this scum bag.

• Paid Members

I genuinely won't be able to watch that episode. I kind of cherry pick the Dark Side episodes I want to watch, as I am admittedly far too sensitive and weepy, and I think if I watched last nights' episode, I'd be walking about looking like the embodiment of a diminished 7th or D-Minor chord for a few days.
It's an awful, awful subject and I know enough about it to know I won't be able for that particular episode.

Like, when I watched the Pillman one - who's probably my all time favourite wrestler - I was absolutely fucking devastated (and can feel my bottom lip go out and throat start to close up even thinking back to it) listening to Pillman Jr talk about his experiences after his dad passed. That poor lad. Honestly, fucking haunted me for days.

In saying all that, I'm really looking forward to the Plane Ride from Hell episode.

• Paid Members

I read a full synopsis of the episode and that was more than enough for me. Honestly the whole thing is just horrifying and somehow worse than I expected it to be.

wall to wall grim this one, but in the middle that clip of Jake talking about being sat off in a motel with a lamp on his head and then the subsequent dramatisation of that with him going WAHEY arms in the air on a fucking couch. I've honestly been thinking of it more than anything else.

spacer.png

Edited by Cannibal Man