One Championship Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

yeh, tonights the last of this run of TNT shows, by far the best too.

Here's the full lineup...Aoki/Folayang trilogy on the prelims too, they are 1-1. Oh, and Sage Northcutt's sister.

This is quality.

IMG_20210428_164505.thumb.jpg.f0b85dac31d7609952cf59458fe72545.jpg

here's the link to the show:

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeh i watched the top 4 fights. 

Eddie Alvarez has had a bit of a nightmare in One hasnt he? he clearly took this to wash the bad taste of the last fight out of his mouth, but it backfired massively, cracking fight though it was. Alvarez just consisitenty attempting to take Ok down and having zero success was frustrating. Ok just chewed Alvarez up on the feet though, it was surprising. These One fighters are no joke.

You see Reug Reug? noooooooo! that was a shame. Looked like he took the way out. Strange one.

Aung La N Sang probably never wants to see or hear from De Ridder against. De Ridder has no taken N Sangs middleweight and lightheavyweight belts from him. This on short notice too, and it was utter domination.

Aoki still looks exactly the same too. Still a muthafucker. Has he always sounded like he smokes 40 a day though?

• Paid Members

Yeah I’m always amazed by Eddie’s toughness but he’s looking a bit weathered out there now to me. Noticeably slower moving as well. Was my first time seeing Ok and he looked good, I liked his striking and he’s clearly got some solid takedown defence. But I don’t know how much of this was Eddie slipping as well.

Yeah the Reug thing was weird as fuck. And it doesn’t matter how many times I’m reminded, I’m always shocked how old Aoki is. I still think of him as the kid in the snazzy leggings who showed up at the arse end of Pride. I think it’s partly that he hasn’t changed to look at and partly that thing of him never ending up in the UFC making it seem like he’s still on the climb. It’s weird but he’s been pretty much everywhere at this point and he’s got a pretty strong record. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah the Reug thing was weird as fuck. 

seemed like a case of someone not liking it when things weren't going his way. I dunno if he played up on it or not at the end but there was no doubt that the punch that hit him was legal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I was expecting this to be on later in the day. Its finished in the last hour or so. I won't go into the results. However there were some interesting pro-wrestling related comments in the interviews after the main event. 

• Paid Members

Missed it but caught the results. Big win for Bhullar. He was a big prospect when he enteted the UFC a few years but weirdly left on a win streak. Imagine that win was a pretty deal in India.

The pro wrestling callout was a weird one 😄 i can only assume Bhullar is a big fan.