One Championship Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Thought One deserved their own wee thread here. I know alot of shows come and go but everyone now and then they put something together that draws widespread interest

TNT series launches tonight. Lots of One Champions and the bigger names involved. There'll be 1 show a week on TNT every Wednesday in April.

Tonight's show is pretty loaded:

IMG_20210407_094938.thumb.jpg.055bbcfaca70adc554f526cf3d646026.jpg

I think the whole think will air for us live on youtube, here's the link, think it starts directly before or after AEW:

Reug Reug!!!

Edited by Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to One Championship Thread * TNT Series starts April 7th
  • Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

what do you mean? the show will air live and then be on demand on that youtube link i posted above ^

Ah, I missed that bit - was too distracted by the bright pictures and videos, magpie that I am.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Mighty Mouse is up against it size wise tonight. The fight is at 135lb.

I was just going to ask that - who's the champion/who's belt is it for. So was DJ still fighting at 125 over there? I thought the whole idea in ONE (as shady as I'm sure it is behind the scenes) is that whatever weight you think you normally fight at, you move up to the next class? 

• Paid Members

10E863AD-B325-48B3-B47F-221AD154E419.gif

😞

Gutted about Mighty Mouse. Don’t know enough about Moraes to read into it. Is he just a beast or is DJ starting to slow down slightly or what? Not saying that is the case. This is the problem I have with ONE though and it’s my own fault. I don’t know enough about the majority of the roster so when a surprise result like this happens I don’t know if it was just a case of a killer emerging or the better known name slipping or what. DJ looked fine in the first round to me, and Moraes fought well and used his own physical advantages well so credit to him. Either way this was a massive win for him and he seems a nice enough guy himself. I saw him and DJ had a little interaction backstage after and Moraes offered the rematch anytime DJ wants it, which was cool. A lot of fighters would want to coast on that win.

Love DJ’s whole attitude and how he’s taking the loss. I’ve seen some fans and media trying to use this as an opportunity to spout off against knees on the ground, which is bollocks because a) it’s perfectly legal in ONE, and b) if DJ had wrecked Moraes with grounded knees you wouldn’t be hearing a peep about it today because that’d have been the result that was supposed to happen. To his credit, Mouse has shot down that silly talk. Always a class act. Nice to see Josh Barnett backing him as well;

Eddie Alvarez vs Iuri Lapicus ending how it did was so disappointing. A minute in and it’s over on a DQ. I’ve seen a load of complaining today that Eddie should’ve got the win and it was a bad DQ. But they were shots to the back of the head. A few of them. And I say that as a big Alvarez fan. The ref had already told him to watch the back of the head and then he fired off a series of punches. Not saying Eddie was deliberately aiming for the back of the head. I think the first one or two he threw after the ref told him about it were fine and then he threw a bunch more, probably assuming Lapicus’ head was still at the same angle but he’d turned his head. Unfortunate. And it just adds to an overall crappy run Eddie’s been on. Even that win over Folayang last time, he was getting fucked up before pulling it out. You could see he was worried after that Lapicus was badly hurt. Just a shite situation all around. 

Rodtang was the highlight of the card for me by far. I’d only seen odd fights here and there and highlights of him before but I’m going to have to follow him properly. Vicious little bastard. If you’ve never seen him, here’s just a little taste...

Just a little ball of pure aggression and he’s great to watch. He’s still only 23 years old as well, yet last night was his 267th victory in Muay Thai! Wonder if he’ll ever give MMA a go? 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Rodtang is a horrible little fucker isnt he? im fully onboard with him now though, anytime hes fighting, im watching.

DJ may have just paid the price of fighting out of his weight class. Same as the Herring/Frampton situation last week, a good big one beats a good little one. Being able to throw knee's to downed opponents just changes everything about MMA though.

Dunno what to say about Alvarez, it just happened so fast. He did throw 4 or 5 hard shots that were clearly illegal though. If it isnt a DQ what is it?

Reug Reug rolls on too. He's waxing these fools.

...oh and weirdly, did you think the One ring announcer sounds abit like Howard Finkel? 😄

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Theres debate about the Alvarez things, it looks to me like he lands 6 illegal strikes in quick succession. Do people have a problem with Iuri turning his head into Alvarez to avoid being hit?

Edited by Egg Shen