WWF ran one show from 'Bergisel Stadion' in Innsbruck, Austria in 1994. Essentially it is a giant outdoor ski slope. 

WWF also used to run 'tent shows' every summer - the Cape Cod Melody Tent in Hyannis, Massachusetts, the South Shore Music Circus in Cohasset, Massachusetts and the Musical Theatre in Warwick Rhode Island. 

Love seeing 93/94 era WWF in the UK being mentioned too. Crazy to think they ran Blackburn, Exeter, Telford, Peterborough, Brighton, Bournemouth, Whitley Bay and Hull during that time. 

Edited by Snitsky's back acne
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Colosseum like stadium they used to run in Nimes looked really cool.

If we're counting NXT...   This place they ran in Paris looks amazing

Following on from discussion of WWE running shows at Peterborough Ice Rink, I thought it would be interesting to discuss/dig up some unusual venues that WWE have run over the years. I’m somewhat

Posted Images

6 hours ago, children of bodom said:

i Believe it was shotgun saturday night 8/2/1997 that was from a train station. Triple H took on The Undertaker. Undertaker tombstoned him on the escalator

I always wondered if HHH was scared that his hair would get sucked into the mechanism and pull his skull skin clean off.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I always wondered if HHH was scared that his hair would get sucked into the mechanism and pull his skull skin clean off.

I fear that every time I see that clip, even though it clearly didn’t. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, children of bodom said:

i Believe it was shotgun saturday night 8/2/1997 that was from a train station. Triple H took on The Undertaker. Undertaker tombstoned him on the escalator

• Paid Members

Ahh, Shotgun Saturday Night. When they pretended to do more over the top than Attitude before Attitude even happened. With swear words and pretending Terri had her bare tits out and everything. Remarkable to think how quickly ‚ÄúShotgun Challenge‚ÄĚ ended up just another weekend show, lost to the mists of time with Heat and Metal.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:41 PM, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

I'm sure that WWF were told to tone down on Shotgun after complaints about Terry Funk's promo in which he called Pettengill's mother a whore.

It was broadcast at midnight.

Goes to show how different TVregulations are /were between the US and UK. Cant say 'whore' at midnight in the USA. Can say essentially anything after 9pm in the UK.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

It was beoadcast at midnight.

Goes to show how different TVregulations are /were between the US and UK. Cant say 'whore' at midnight in the USA. Can say essentially anything after 9pm in the UK.

Except on BT Sport that censor every single UFC interview that has a curse word, in the middle of the night. For some bloody oddball reason. 

Edited by WeeAl
  • Paid Members
10 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Except on BT Sport that censor every single UFC interview that has a curse word, in the middle of the night. For some bloody oddball reason. 

Isn't that in part because the show could, in theory, run long and be still running after whenever the watershed ends (5am, I think)?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Isn't that in part because the show could, in theory, run long and be still running after whenever the watershed ends (5am, I think)?

I guess that's probably it then, hadn't thought of that. Like the time Bellator ran long and got main evented by Peppa Pig because it went past 6am then. If Wrestlemania was still on Sky Sports today than I guess this would apply, seeing as it's usually 8 weeks long these days. 

On 3/29/2021 at 9:48 PM, eugenespeed said:

I didn't realise how big it was, I've never actually been it. (I don't think I've actually ever been near it!) 

You dont want to, its a shit hole of the highest order. Freezing cold with bits of the roof dropping down. Possibly my least favourite rink to visit (including Grimsby with the Tractor instead of a Zamboni)

2 hours ago, Sheffbag said:

You dont want to, its a shit hole of the highest order. Freezing cold with bits of the roof dropping down. Possibly my least favourite rink to visit (including Grimsby with the Tractor instead of a Zamboni)

I have a friend who is a pro ice hockey player and he can indeed confirm that the Whitley Bay Ice Rink is a massive shithole.

2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I have a friend who is a pro ice hockey player and he can indeed confirm that the Whitley Bay Ice Rink is a massive shithole.

My lad plays hockey and it truly is the one fixture you look at and go "do i really need to go"

5 hours ago, Sheffbag said:

My lad plays hockey and it truly is the one fixture you look at and go "do i really need to go"

I kind of want to go just to see how MUCH of a shithole it is.
It's like when I went to the Granby for 1PW. Everyone was going 'It's a total shithole' so I went to see for myself and, well, yeah...