Paul vs Askren - Apr 17 🤡

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Wasn’t on board.

Now I am.

Nah, it’s gonna be shite and Askren’s almost certainly getting chinned. And it’s quite the Desperate Dan chin he’s got. But I’m enjoying Askren winding him up if nothing else. It’s cack but I’m not going to pretend I won’t watch it. Just in the hope that Askren busts out one of his lethal spinning back fists and scores the unlikely KO if anything. Would be hilarious.

797904-CF-FBC2-4588-9-EE0-CCE18-B1-B85-C

E0BC7CBF-752C-4858-9A4E-1F92EFD39BFD.gif

• Paid Members

Im probably more interested in the fight than i have any right to be. Ive got the feeling Askren may win it too now if hes given a fair shake, at least make it tough for Paul. I think he's gonna make it the messiest, ugliest fight imaginable. Really tire out Paul out by making it abit of a wrestling match, and id love to see that happen.

That said ive gone Paul Decision on the poll, cause even if it is ugly id imagine Paul gets the nod on the cards no matter what.

Askren has been brilliant in the build up. He treads that line of acting like its a farce, but manages to keep it fun at on track a the same time. He's the perfect foil for a goof like Jake Paul.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

what about the undercard? this is just random enough to make me interested:

20210328_105444.thumb.jpg.6768e74a1d5639ee915115e2cd064ff3.jpg

Prograis/Redkach is a legit fight. Prograis will be the heavy favorite but thats a fight that would be welcomed on any boxing show.

Frank Mir lost Antonio Tarver and got Steve Cunningham instead. Probably a harder night for Frank, Cunningham is younger, fresher and quicker than Tarver. You may remember Cunningham for putting Tyson Fury on his arse in a mental fight a while back. Tough debut for Frank😕

Joe Fournier is a multi-millionaire British business bloke who also happens to have a 10-0 (10 KO) record. Reykon is some latin American music star whos never boxed, this one will be a masscre.

• Paid Members

That Rocky 4 training video is amazing stuff. Bravo to Funky. What's the deal with this Paul brother then. I don't even want to give him the service of giving him a Google, but at what level are his boxing skills legitimate? Did he box as a kid, a teenager, an adult amateur? I know fuck all about him other than he's a mouthpiece and he boxed some other guy called KSI who I also know nothing about. 

Ben Askren's stand-up game is woeful for a professional fighter, but he's still a professional fighter (albeit one with a fake hip). What's the thinking going into a Paul  knocking him out? Legit amateur/pro ability that he didn't decide to pursue or something?

• Paid Members

Genuinely had no interest in this until their press conference the other day. Fair play to the pair of them. Not sure if it's 100% an act or not but. going by yesterday, Jake Paul is just an infuriatingly vapid individual with a wit that is definitely not for anyone over 16. Askren looking like a man who is not taking this very seriously and is enjoying just winding up Paul. The face off was brilliant for what it is.

Not a clue how the fight will end up as I've only seen Jake Paul crack that random on the Tyson card. As shit a striker as Askren is, he's at least been in there with a good level of fighters for years.

Anyway, I'm definitely tuning in to see if Jake Paul gets battered. What a tit.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

What's the deal with this Paul brother then. I don't even want to give him the service of giving him a Google, but at what level are his boxing skills legitimate? Did he box as a kid, a teenager, an adult amateur? I know fuck all about him other than he's a mouthpiece and he boxed some other guy called KSI who I also know nothing about. 

I think both Paul's wrestled to a sufficient level at school but I dont think either boxed before than initial KSI thing a few years ago, from what ive read though both are big boxing/MMA fans. They've taken their platform and the resources their fame gives them and applied it to boxing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Look at this fine specimen.

Tip top shape. We need full blown dad-bod Askren to win this, it'll be one of the great moments.

Frank Mir weighed in at 276lb for his fight with Steve Cunningham. Ol' Frank is gonna get battered. 70lb weight difference between em.

Frank-Mir-Steven-Cunningham.jpg.b3beed6fb527a1b0a6e8e53cbd861b2b.jpg