Jump to content

Wrestlemania 37 - April 10th & 11th


Supremo
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cannibal Man said:

Felt like I was going through some kind of psychostic break during the Strowman match. One of the stupiudest fucking builds or reasons for anything i've ever seen. Up there with Jericho and Kane fighting over coffee.

It was nothing more than a rehash of his storyline with Big Show in 2000.  "Which way did he go?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed night 1, the chaos for the first half hour made for some entertaining TV

Didn’t have an issue with any of the outcomes, save for Nattie and Tamina going over in the gauntlet match, hoping the title match is short and sweet with Shayna and Nia smashing them in seconds

Bad Bunny looked incredible for a non wrestler, even moreso than McAfee did at Wargames

Bianca needs to have a strong challenger straight out the gate, beit a Sasha rematch, Bayley or maybe Io

Night 2 looks to be a stronger card, expecting at minimum the US and IC belts to change hands. The Universal match is a tough one to call, I’d be happy with either of the 3 men walking out champion. I don’t see Rhea winning the Raw Women’s title just yet, but it should be a good match

My big hope is they have Bayley do her talk show tonight leading to either Becky or Rhonda returning 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh Bayley yeah. I wondered if she was wrestling tonight because she kept turning up in skits but I had no idea why. 

I forgot about Cesaro/Seth Rollins. Seth is still fucking Seth (and my god his improv promo backstage was a state) but that match was tons of fun, always is with Cesaro. Thing I found a bit guff was how they were saying this was his big win, seven years after when he last got that 'oh here we go lads' with him being pushed and getting a whopper big Mania win. 

Bad Bunny was ace, love a celeb match when it has enough going on. 

Dolph Ziggler not getting on the main card is intensely satisfying. Forgot how anachronistic he is. 

I have no idea what the Shane/Braun match was about. Felt like that Nia Jax angle they did with Bliss ages ago. That cage bump just looked rough, especially in the reply. Shane mate, calm it you mad sod, Dad really likes Paul mate. 

Gonna see if I last for tonight, some stuff looks interesting. A Nigerian Drum Fight? 

Edited by Chili
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Considered all the build for Drew the BT Sport stuff and the mural in Glasgow and having his father and brother and Jack Jester do a promo in the east end of Glasgow you were certain he was going to win. Build towards next year big show in the UK an actual PPV he could have got the mega star treatment like Bulldog. Nope. Wasted what I feel was a massive opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Didn’t have an issue with any of the outcomes, save for Nattie and Tamina going over in the gauntlet match, hoping the title match is short and sweet with Shayna and Nia smashing them in seconds

You just know there'll be some lengthy bollocks where Nia is torn between her current partner and her former partner like they teased at the Rumble. Or there'll be similar tension with Tamina and Nattie. "I can't do my finisher on her, she's my friend." "Just do the thing!" then Shayna picks up the win, leading to Nattie and Tamina feuding and swapping wins on Main Event every week for the rest of time. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

You just know there'll be some lengthy bollocks where Nia is torn between her current partner and her former partner like they teased at the Rumble. Or there'll be similar tension with Tamina and Nattie. "I can't do my finisher on her, she's my friend." "Just do the thing!" then Shayna picks up the win, leading to Nattie and Tamina feuding and swapping wins on Main Event every week for the rest of time. 

Nia and Tamina were happy to fight on Smackdown on Friday.

Three Tamina matches in one week. Not sure what we've done to deserve that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Early days, I know, but Bianca has got to be their Developmental System’s greatest success story, surely? Or at least in the conversation. Literally came in with no wrestling experience and went straight to the top.

Was this also the first time since Brock Lesnar that someone debuted and then headlined Wrestlemania within a year? I can’t remember the last time it happened but could be wrong.

EDIT: This is also the absolute best. There isn’t a more likeable couple in pro-wrestling than Montez and Bianca. If there’s any justice in the world there’ll both be World Champions this time next year.

 

Edited by Supremo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Early days, I know, but Bianca has got to be their Developmental System’s greatest success story, surely? Or at least in the conversation. Literally came in with no wrestling experience and went straight to the top.

Was this also the first time since Brock Lesnar that someone debuted and then headlined Wrestlemania within a year? I can’t remember the last time it happened but could be wrong.

EDIT: This is also the absolute best. There isn’t a more likeable couple in pro-wrestling than Montez and Bianca. If there’s any justice in the world there’ll both be World Champions this time next year.

 

I don’t want to be nit picky but she debuted in the ‘main’ WWE more than a year ago, she was on the main show at Survivor Series 19 and Royal Rumble 20. She is a phenomenal athlete and has taken to wrestling so naturally, I bet she’s one of those annoying people that are just exceptional at anything sporting  

Also I’d argue that Charlotte could be the biggest WWE developmental success. Obviously she would have had a closeness to wrestling but it does appear that she didn’t start it until she signed with the WWE. She won the divas title within months of coming in and headlined WM eventually  

On a side note about the women’s division it was so weird having that turmoil match when only 3 possibly 4 (Naomi, Ruby, Natalya and maybe Liv) out of the 8 in the match can actually wrestle. Then they don’t have Charlotte, Bayley, Nikki Cross, Sonya Deville on the shows at all. Lacey and Becky on maternity and Alexa booked in a different programme altogether. Kairi left for her own reasons and obviously the other 4 women booked in the title matches. That turmoil match just seemed really really strange all things considered, they should’ve just set up the tag team title match on Smackdown. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Early days, I know, but Bianca has got to be their Developmental System’s greatest success story, surely? Or at least in the conversation. Literally came in with no wrestling experience and went straight to the top.

Was this also the first time since Brock Lesnar that someone debuted and then headlined Wrestlemania within a year? I can’t remember the last time it happened but could be wrong.

 

Alberto del Rio "main evented" Wrestlemania 7 months after his debut, but whether you want to call that main eventing or not is definitely up for debate.

 

I met Bianca Belair's mum at Axxess 4 years ago.   She was sitting next to me and when Bianca came out for her match she was going mental.   She then told me, without me asking, that she was Bianca's mum, as an explanation/apology for her over excitement.   The pride and joy of seeing her kid wrestling in front of 400 people who don't really know who she is in Orlando was crazy.   Can't imagine how she's reacted seeing Bianca main event Wrestlemania.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Lovely stuff here from Sasha as well, being made up for what's happening in the ring.

 

Shouldn't she be fuming? Whats the point in having championships belts if you dont give a fuck that you lost it? Imagine when Bret lost to Shawn at Wrestlemania 12 he started rolling around ringside enjoying Shawn's celebration in the ring

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MEGABUCKS said:

Shouldn't she be fuming? Whats the point in having championships belts if you dont give a fuck that you lost it? Imagine when Bret lost to Shawn at Wrestlemania 12 he started rolling around ringside enjoying Shawn's celebration in the ring

Yeah I remember Bret and Shawn having a historic first all white male Mania main event that they were both hugely proud of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...