Andrade gone from the ‘E

Hannibal Scorch

12 minutes ago, Chris B said:

one you'd assume would be a lifer. 

Is that the case though?

I get that she's grown there and all of that, but is it possible that she'd quite like to follow in her dad's footsteps and be successful all over? Not to the point where she's 80 years old and dragging her ass down a TNA ramp, but to prove herself in AEW or Japan or something like that?

27 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Bar the initial shock of seeing her at Dynamite, in that Sable-front-row-at-Nitro way, I don’t think there’s anyone in WWE I’d be less interested in seeing jump to AEW than Charlotte Flair.

For me, Charlotte is one of those wrestlers who I don't think I can ever feel enthusiastic about watching in WWE ever again. Her ring work is excellent, but as a character she's always been pretty mediocre. 

If she did end up moving to AEW, I'd feel pretty excited. 

Firstly, it's a clear statement of intent as far as the Women's Division goes. Secondly, it presents a genuinely new challenge for Charlotte. Her promos would be unscripted for the first time, she'd have a far greater degree of creative control (hopefully reducing Kenny Omega's influence in that division) and she'd have a fresh range of opponents who she could genuinely help improve. 

Charlotte vs. Britt, Charlotte vs. Nyla Rose, Charlotte vs. Jade Cargill, Charlotte vs. Thunder Rosa, Charlotte vs. Shida - they're all intriguing options for me, and they'd benefit her opponents in different ways. I'd actually be tempted to make Jade Charlotte's Wardlow. They have similar athletic backgrounds (albeit in different sports) and you'd have to think working closely with Charlotte could help lift Jade to a whole new level. 

However, having said all of that - I wonder if Andrade's (seemingly) fairly straightforward release was done, in part, to keep Charlotte happy. If the company was to hang on to him until his contract ran out, she'd surely feel disillusioned and disappointed at how the company had treated him. WWE would be putting themselves in an entirely avoidable position in which she may feel less inclined to stick around come contract renewal time. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I get that she's grown there and all of that, but is it possible that she'd quite like to follow in her dad's footsteps and be successful all over? Not to the point where she's 80 years old and dragging her ass down a TNA ramp, but to prove herself in AEW or Japan or something like that?

She's a bit of an unknown quantity in that regard; she didn't seem to have any interest in wrestling prior to joining WWE - she never pursued it as a career until after Reid died, and apparently when she started training she basically couldn't name any wrestlers other than her dad. She obviously takes pride in her work, but it's not like she's been up and down the road slumming it on independent shows or anything, WWE is all she's ever known. Maybe while she's been there she's started swotting up on other wrestling and would relish the chance to work in other environments, or against other opponents, but there's very little from her WWE run that would seem to suggest that.

1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

She's a bit of an unknown quantity in that regard; she didn't seem to have any interest in wrestling prior to joining WWE - she never pursued it as a career until after Reid died, and apparently when she started training she basically couldn't name any wrestlers other than her dad. She obviously takes pride in her work, but it's not like she's been up and down the road slumming it on independent shows or anything, WWE is all she's ever known. Maybe while she's been there she's started swotting up on other wrestling and would relish the chance to work in other environments, or against other opponents, but there's very little from her WWE run that would seem to suggest that.

Yeah I guess we don't really know either way. Some are happy with what they've got. Others need more. I do wonder if being with Andrade perhaps opened her eyes a little more to what else is out there, or at least it might do once he gets out there and does some stuff. I guess only time will tell.

• Paid Members

Having given it more thought, I would be willing to have Charlotte come in on a Zack Ryder deal for a month or so, allowing them to build towards Britt Baker and Charlotte having one big blow-off match where they forget that it’s fake and beat the shit out of each other. A ridiculous, brutal combination of the Thunder Rosa and Ronda Rousey matches. Britt goes over clean, obviously. I think everyone including Charlotte herself has seen enough of her beating everyone and never ever showing vulnerability.

• Paid Members

Charlotte's never leaving WWE if her Dad has any say in the matter.

The extent of Ric Flair's sucking up to Triple H and the other higher ups is a bit embarassing/tragic and hardly befitting of someone who had such a genuine Hall of Fame career.

He could have easily been in the Bruno Sammartino "I'll say whatever the fuck I like" category had he not buggered up his personal life so badly and clearly needs the cash.

Edited by garynysmon

2 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

The extent of Ric Flair's sucking up to Triple H and the other higher ups is a bit embarassing/tragic and hardly befitting someone who had such a genuine Hall of Fame career.

Would Charlotte want to leave WWE? Sounds like she's already got carte blanche

• Paid Members

I can't imagine he's getting the 90-day clause waived unless he's given them an idea of his plans/that he's not off to AEW. Or they really don't rate him and don't want to piss off Charlotte, but I have to imagine he's not immediately AEW-bound. 

35 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

The extent of Ric Flair's sucking up to Triple H and the other higher ups is a bit embarassing/tragic and hardly befitting of someone who had such a genuine Hall of Fame career.

He could have easily been in the Bruno Sammartino "I'll say whatever the fuck I like" category had he not buggered up his personal life so badly and clearly needs the cash.

The same Ric Flair that WWE gave the perfect retirement to who then went over to TNA to wrestle Jay Lethal? Not saying it’s likely Charlotte will leave WWE but I wouldn’t rule it out. 

• Paid Members

If the reports of Charlotte threatening to walk if they didn’t give Andrade his release are true then that’s the most interesting thing she’s done in about five years and hopefully inspires the gratitude era to grow some fucking balls going forward.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Supremo said:

If the reports of Charlotte threatening to walk if they didn’t give Andrade his release are true then that’s the most interesting thing she’s done in about five years and hopefully inspires the gratitude era to grow some fucking balls going forward.

It might even save her in the way that Sasha's heat and forced sitting at home for months did for her character and TV time. She's been absolute gold in ring for months since. 

51 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

It might even save her in the way that Sasha's heat and forced sitting at home for months did for her character and TV time. She's been absolute gold in ring for months since. 

She literally returned from like a 3 month hiatus recently and went straight into the title scene again whilst also having that awful feud with Lacey Evans.