The Knockout Thread šŸ’„

Egg Shen

I don't think Rogers was ever anything more than a decent banger.Ā 

He looked good for a round against a post-prime version of Fedor before getting sparked out. The only reason that performance is so highly rated is becauseĀ few realised at that timeĀ that Fedor had peaked 3 or 4 years earlier and wasn't the fighter he once was. Truth be told, Fedor's prime ended when he beat Cro Cop. He was never really the same again for various reasons.Ā 

Other than that, Rogers' only notable win came over Arlovski, who had flirted with suicide at the time, was fighting timidly after Fedor had nuked him with an overhand right months earlier, and had a very weak chin.Ā 

Even before RogersĀ fell off the rails outside of the cage, Overeem and BarnettĀ had few issues beatingĀ him, and even Warpath went the distance with him on Canadian regional show.Ā 

Oh and:

yol7Kn@facebook.gif

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

if you really looked into who had the most comprehensive highlight reel of KO's for and against, Gary Goodridge would be on that list. Between boxing and MMA he may be the ultimate kill or be killed fighter thats ever competed. He's paid for it in later life but he was so much fun to watch.

• Paid Members

Yeah Goodridge served upĀ some bad ones. The Paul Herrera one above is probably the most well known butĀ hereā€™s some more...

vs Oleg Taktarov at Pride 1;

F1A149D9-824A-49D6-BAD6-E85A64816B73.gif

vs Amir Rahnavardi at Pride 3;

F69AAE75-CE4A-451C-A51B-4822BFE6B985.gif

And while he never went all the way out, the beating he put on poor Yoshiaki Yatsu at Pride 11 is still one of the most brutal Iā€™ve seen;

E6208CEE-ACBB-4718-A32A-E2594CBD4F4A.gif

And thatā€™s just the end of it. There was nearly 9 minutes of this prior to the stoppage.

Of course heā€™s taken his share of bombs as well andĀ heā€™s sadly battled the after effects of all the head trauma fromĀ the knockouts he was on the wrong end of over the years. But he certainly gave as good as he got.Ā 

• Paid Members

The Yatsu fights always got away from me. I think those two fights were on the two Pride DVD's i didnt actually own so i never saw the full fights, but those uppercuts were always on highlight reels.

Id love to know more behind the stories of the Japanese Pro Wrestlers being leadĀ to the slaughter in MMA. Back on the old Japanese PPV rips there would always tell the backstory in vignette form but you could never full grasp the story,Ā so many times the Pro Wrestlers were put into some pretty horrible situations, but they were loved for it. Those two fights were the only times Yatsu fought, and he was 44 at the time of the first one, mental.

Edited by Egg Shen