Joshua vs Fury - IS OFF! 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wilder wants redemption and will not step aside for any money confirmed by his trainer and Bob Arum too. I can't believe the man who said Wilder wanted 20 million dollars, has been proven to be talking out of his backside, who woulda ever thought it lol. Wilder to win the rematch against Fury, Usyk beats Joshua and we get Wilder/Usyk for all the belts, it was a dream before but now could become reality.

For Wilder to beat Fury we'd need to see Fury come into the fight seriously not arsed. We've already seen what happens if Fury comes in on top form and interested. He blows Wilder to bits. He's just too big, too good a boxer, and generally too good for Wilder to really have much of a chance.

The question, of course, is how Fury feels during camp and even on the day. If he comes in half arsed and fucking about then there's every chance he gets sparked.

• Paid Members

Apologies if this is a silly question and I’m not too clued up on the “business” side of boxing. But if Usyk does fight Joshua next, do all of Joshua’s belts go on the line? Or only the WBO belt?

Basically trying to understand if a single body (i.e. BDO) mandates a title fight against their number one contender, whether all the other belts Joshua hold automatically get put on the line as well, or whether each of the other bodies have to agree to having their belts defended and put on the line.

2 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Apologies if this is a silly question and I’m not too clued up on the “business” side of boxing. But if Usyk does fight Joshua next, do all of Joshua’s belts go on the line? Or only the WBO belt?

Basically trying to understand if a single body (i.e. BDO) mandates a title fight against their number one contender, whether all the other belts Joshua hold automatically get put on the line as well, or whether each of the other bodies have to agree to having their belts defended and put on the line.

It’s dependent on the governing body. If they have a mandatory challenger they say the champion must fight next, and the champion signs to fight someone else, they’ll strip the champ or the champ gives up the belt to make his fight happen. It’s all usually sorted out before the fight is announced. If you decide not to have your belt up for grabs and your boy loses, your belt is seriously devalued and looks second rate. 

There’s been many instances of a multi belt champion having different mandatory challenges. The champ goes after the pay day most of the time, relinquishing the lesser purse or the mandatory challenger accepts stand aside money with a promise to fight the winner. Even then though, the governing body might have a different challenger in mind and we are back to square one!

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, David said:

The question, of course, is how Fury feels during camp and even on the day. If he comes in half arsed and fucking about then there's every chance he gets sparked.

That's the worry.

I think that version of Fury that beat Wilder in the second fight beats any version of Wilder, but if Fury comes in complacent he could get clobbered.

Im interested to see how Wilder looks coming back too. Until the last week or so he's probably done 3-4 interviews since the loss, he spouted some almighty shite when he did them but he's pretty much disappeared, maybe he's been training like a madman? Say whatever you want about the crazy excuses, i didnt doubt for one second that he wanted to come back and have another crack at it. As shit as it is that we aint getting Joshua/Fury, Wilder/Fury III is a fascinating trilogy fight in its own right.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

thats almost as bad a shout as David saying Billy Joe Saunders would drop Canelo

Canelo has never been dropped has he, whereas Joshua has shown some vulnerability, so it's not in the same league at all.

Fury has signed to fight Wilder on the 24th of July. So let's see what happens now. 

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

thats almost as bad a shout as David saying Billy Joe Saunders would drop Canelo

tenor.gif

I'm genuinely picking Usyk to win on points though. I think Usyk will dominate the second half of the fight after Joshua tires. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Canelo has never been dropped has he, whereas Joshua has shown some vulnerability, so it's not in the same league at all.

I was only joking.

I do fancy Usyk against Joshua though. I know people will say "well Usyk struggled against Chisora" but its such a different style of fight. For an undersized heavyweight, Chisora is probably one of the hardest fights in the division, just a big marauding, tough, physical lump.