Joshua vs Fury - IS OFF! 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Wilder is smart he'll take the money, beat up on some chumps, and all the while claim that both Joshua and Fury are ducking him. 

Let's be honest, if he gets his Fury rematch he'll likely get spanked and then his value in the fight game is greatly diminished.

5 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

I hate Wilder more than any other active boxer. 

I still think he sparks AJ and is perhaps the toughest fight in the division for Fury. 

What does that say about the rest of the division!

10 minutes ago, David said:

What does that say about the rest of the division!

That Fury is clearly the best of the bunch? 

Usyk would be an interesting match-up, but I would still pick Fury to beat him without much hesitation. 

I don't think that AJ is all that and I suspect Whyte will get exposed when he fights someone decent. 

I get the feeling that Arum and Warren knew this was going to happen. They seem to have done fuckall in trying to promote the fight and always been slightly negative (up until recently) towards the fight. I get the feeling that maybe they have played with young Eddie, let him work his bollocks of and spend shit loads of time and money trying to sort it, then pull the rug from under him at the last minute.

Theres is no way all this has happened at the last minute. Arum and Warren are multi millionaires, Arum a billionaire. You think with their lawyers and with over 100 years combined experience in the boxing business that this has been sprung on them in the last minute. Absolutely no chance.     

I'm a fan of Fury, but even I'm beginning to think he's been playing funny buggers, which isn't right. Joshua and Hearn obviously took Fury and his camp at face value and it looks like it's blown up in their faces.

Time to move on I think. 

Anyone think at some point Hearn attempts to do the Boxing version of UFC? Maybe he purchases a board outright or just sets his own.

Whatever your view on Hearn he's the best promoter out there in boxing for me and does attempt to get those big fights made. I could see him trying it, especially the deal with DAZN being what it is.

• Paid Members

I dont think its possible. Im probably right in thinking that's what Dana White was going to attempt to do with Zuffa Boxing, he backed off thought during the planning stages because i think they all realised it couldnt work.

That is Hearns long time goal i believe, he said he wants to incorporate the production costs for entrances etc, like the WWE. He has a man crush on Dana White and the UFC model.

Normally TV companies sort out the entrances and all that but with DAZN he wants to do it all, it’s one of the main reasons Matchroom has gone with DAZN.

PBC did try this initially in America and it lead to alot of financial losses, despite having terrible entrances and no real ring announcer. 

I genuinely think Hearn wants Matchroom to become a brand like WWE or UFC where people will refer to boxing as Matchroom like they do Wrestling WWE and MMA UFC. 

I believe the problem will lie within that kids generally are not into boxing, it doesn't have the characters or excitement of either the UFC or WWE. Therefore it will fail. Boxing is watched by the older audenience.

Theres also loads of different governing bodies from state to state in America which are mostly tapped up by backhanders. Boxing has always been a dirty sport, full of corruptness. To many old sharks are in and around boxing for Hearn to take over. He does reming me a bit of Vince in the early 80’s with the expansion, but i cant see him taking over anytime soon.

• Paid Members

I'm not opposed to Joshua vs. Big Bully Usyk, but after all this hype, it can't possibly match up to the expectations of Fury/Joshua.

Ideally I should want Joshua to beat Usyk so we move a step closer to the big unification bout between him and Fury.

Even so, there is more chance of me going for a pint with Joe Gallagher than there is of me rooting against Usyk. 

Edited by jimufctna24