Joshua vs Fury - IS OFF! 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

AJ is unlikely to outbox Usyk, it will be if he can land big shots clean and whether Usyk can take the power. For me Usyk's movement will make AJ move a lot more than he wants to and the further it goes the slower AJ will get.

I'm really looking forward to it to be honest. Usyk is so likeable, I want to see him do well. 

• Paid Members

Pressed play, saw 1hr 15m. 

8D4CD989-2FFA-46CB-B45E-84AE286C66F7.gif

It’s getting to the point now where I actually don’t even really care anymore. They’ve somehow taken what should’ve been the biggest, most anticipated Heavyweight fight in fucking ages and made people sick of hearing about it. If it actually happens someday then great. But I don’t know who to believe anymore, it seems pointless listening to any of it and it’s genuinely boring now. 

Edited by wandshogun09

2 hours ago, Mr Lawrence said:

Basically, Eddie had his pants pulled down by Arum and team Fury and Eddie gently planting the seed of AJ vacating instead of fighting Uysk. 

I'm surprised both Fury and AJ didn't just tell the governing bodies to get themselves to fuck. Both of them face each other in a best of three over the next two years or so, then retire. 

Fuck the belts. The whole alphabet thing is a joke anyway.

• Paid Members

I dunno if there would have been anything to stop Fury vacating his belt and fighting Joshua. Obviously Fury was contractually tied into defending his belt against Wilder next, but i dont know if that still applied if belt wasnt on the line.

To summarise the video above, Eddie believes that Bob Arum never actually believed the fight would raise the sufficient funds and jump the hurdles needed to happen, which is why Arum kept saying the arbitration wasnt an issue.

There's obviously a lot more to it, but one thing i do agree with, and thats throughout this whole thing there's been air of negativity and a real lack of enthusiasm from Fury's team side of things, it almost like they knew all along that this fight was not gonna happen.

Edited by Egg Shen

2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

dunno if there would have been anything to stop Fury vacating his belt and fighting Joshua. Obviously Fury was contractually tied into defending his belt against Wilder next, but i dont know if that still applied if belt wasnt on the line.

He could fight who he wants if there aren’t belts on the line. The contractual obligations are to the championship, otherwise you’d have scenarios where legal challenges are launched if a champion retires before defending against a mandatory challenge. 

11 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

There's obviously a lot more to it, but one thing i do agree with, and thats throughout this whole thing there's been air of negativury and a real lack of enthusiasm from Fury's team side of things, it almost like they knew all along that this fight was not gonna happen.

Agreed, which is a bit shit if true. 

• Paid Members

John Fury seems as disillusioned with the whole thing as anyone. No ranting and raving and shouting here, just disappointment.

A few have said it on here but this really does feel like Tyson’s unraveling a bit. Whether it’s complacency or just burnout or he’s gone off the rails a bit again or what, there’s something off about him lately. And this interview with the old man just adds to that feeling. Sounds like he’s had no luck talking sense into him either. All the talk of “yes men” and “leeches” influencing him. Really has the feel of a recipe for disaster going into a third Wilder fight. Based on the first two fights and their styles, you’d think Tyson should mop the ring with him again but I’ve got the sinking feeling it’s all gonna go tits up. 

It’s fucked up but maybe the best chance we’ve got of seeing Fury vs AJ at this point is if they actually both lose to Wilder and Usyk. Take all the bullshit with the belts out of the equation. Although I’ve got a feeling Hearn’s gonna push for the AJ vs Whyte rematch instead. And what happens if Wilder does beat Fury this time? Then they’re 1-1-1. Are we then gonna be locked into a fourth fight because they’re tied? It’ll never end. 

Edited by wandshogun09