Joshua vs Fury - IS OFF! 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

It's just insane that Wilder, Fury, and Joshua are the three biggest marquee names in the world for heavyweight boxing right now, and yet the only match to have happened between any of them is Fury/Wilder twice. Other people will know better than I do, but has it ever been this bad for getting matches put together, where there have been more shenanigans than actual fight promotion?

• Paid Members

Its common in boxing that top names never fight each other. Mayweather/Pacquiao took like 6 years to get made. Its just the worst part of the sport, as a fan though you just learn to accept, which is wrong.

Fury/Joshua is unique in that's an undisputed fight in the sports marquee division, hence the ridiculous amounts of money being thrown around. The fact that this looks like it isnt happening because a contractual agreement didnt get sorted by Bob Arum's side of things is just mental. How can you allow a fight this big to get 12 weeks out and then have it railroaded by an issue that everyone who follows boxing already knew about and assumed had been sorted, its crazy.

• Paid Members

$20 million is nothing based on the sum reportedly being thrown at this bout by the Saudis. Both Joshua and Fury would still be walking away multimillionaires themselves.

Are they really going to let this bout go based on the fact they’ll “only” be getting (say for argument’s sake) £50 million a piece instead of £40 million? Boo-hoo.

1 minute ago, Your Fight Site said:

$20 million is nothing based on the sum reportedly being thrown at this bout by the Saudis. Both Joshua and Fury would still be walking away multimillionaires themselves.

Are they really going to let this bout go based on the fact they’ll “only” be getting (say for argument’s sake) £50 million a piece instead of £40 million? Boo-hoo.

It’s not a case of them walking away from it. Wilder has a legal case to fight Fury next. Fury could be stripped of the titles if he doesn’t fight the mandatory challenger. That’s why Wilder wants 20mil to stand aside. The fight loses lustre if all the titles aren’t up for grabs. 

I can't see a world where Joshua signs a piece of paper which says he is on the hook for $10mil to bail someone else out of a pickle and then potentially has to fight Wilder later in the year - the one fight his team have never, ever wanted.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s not a case of them walking away from it. Wilder has a legal case to fight Fury next. Fury could be stripped of the titles if he doesn’t fight the mandatory challenger. That’s why Wilder wants 20mil to stand aside. The fight loses lustre if all the titles aren’t up for grabs. 

Yeah. I understand that. But if Wilder is happy to accept $20 million to wait a little longer, and potentially get a crack at all the belts after Joshua–Fury, then it just seems a drop in the ocean.

14 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I can't see a world where Joshua signs a piece of paper which says he is on the hook for $10mil to bail someone else out of a pickle and then potentially has to fight Wilder later in the year - the one fight his team have never, ever wanted.

I'm not so sure they think that after seeing how he crumbled against Fury. I'm fairly certain that Joshua's team must fancy that fight after seeing that.

The thing with Pac v Mayweather, ideally it should have took place in 2010, and i remember Pac getting a bit of a slating for turning down a guaranteed $30-40 million. There was all sorts of shit being said about who dodged who etc, but they let it build longer and it ended up being the highest grossing fight in history. Over 4 million PPV’s and Mayweather reportedly earning between 150-200 million and Pac over 100 million.

I believe Joshua did want the Wilder fight. Wilder even said he turned it down to fight Fury. But you never know in boxing, everyone is full of shit.

1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

Yeah. I understand that. But if Wilder is happy to accept $20 million to wait a little longer, and potentially get a crack at all the belts after Joshua–Fury, then it just seems a drop in the ocean.

I’m with you. I guess they think they shouldn’t be footing the stand aside money, the promoters should, and they’re right. As is Wilder to be honest, if he is entitled to first dibs, milk the fuckers for it. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m with you. I guess they think they shouldn’t be footing the stand aside money, the promoters should, and they’re right. As is Wilder to be honest, if he is entitled to first dibs, milk the fuckers for it. 

Yep. If there's one industry I don't begrudge people milking for all the money it can give them, it's a sport where people get punched in the head for a window of about ten, fifteen years, especially when the lion's share is taken by a bunch of sleazy cunts. 

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Wilder would be an idiot not to try to squeeze as much as he can out of this. If he’s indeed asked for $20 million and they decide to pay him to step aside, he’s laughing. If they don’t pay him to step aside then he still gets his crack at Fury anyway.