Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Batista's one of the few self-aware, absolutely doesn't need WWE megastars that you can count on one hand which automatically gets him into my Hall of Fame. 

Guy just wanted to work house shows after getting a taste of the modern WWE creative system in 2014:

Yeah, the man. 

Also, it's mainly the contract signing segment that comes up in these threads but my heart still jumps at the reveal here:

When it's good...

For some reason all I can see is Billy Mitchell in Triple H there. He’s just a patriotic tie away!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

One of the best of all time, and one of the last true superstars. After the Cena/Batista era we never got any more superstars like that. People came and went like Punk and Bryan but I’d argue that generation was the last one defined by stars. Once it stopped being about making and cementing top guys, that’s when the product started to become what it is now where anyone can hold the belt if they stay there long enough and nobody is a draw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

One of the best of all time, and one of the last true superstars. After the Cena/Batista era we never got any more superstars like that. People came and went like Punk and Bryan but I’d argue that generation was the last one defined by stars. Once it stopped being about making and cementing top guys, that’s when the product started to become what it is now where anyone can hold the belt if they stay there long enough and nobody is a draw.

I'd argue Reigns probably belongs in the same bracket of 'true superstar' as Batista, and could easily see him following his path into movies too. Other than him, I think you're right though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'd argue Reigns probably belongs in the same bracket of 'true superstar' as Batista, and could easily see him following his path into movies too. Other than him, I think you're right though.

The issue with Reigns is he’s surrounded by nobodies. He’s a star shining alone in a sky full of Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbins. Nobody is there to elevate him fully. Not only that but it took him years to get here and he’s spent most of his breakthrough heel turn fucking on with Kevin Owens who looks like he just got dragged out of a British Gas call center.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always thought he was a bit underwhelming til that heel run towards his first break/retirement which in itself is a HOF worthy performance. That "HA! I'M THE MAN!" he yelled during some fucking segment around then, forget who it was with or anything but it wasn't even on mic, he just got his own way and delivered this perfect Stenier style "HAAA! I'M THE MAN!" always has me pissing myself. He started all that by battering Rey didn't he? I seem to recall he fucks him about at the end of a tag and has him face to face and booms "YOUUUU WEREEE SPOSSSSE BE MAH FRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN"

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

Always thought he was a bit underwhelming til that heel run towards his first break/retirement which in itself is a HOF worthy performance. That "HA! I'M THE MAN!" he yelled during some fucking segment around then, forget who it was with or anything but it wasn't even on mic, he just got his own way and delivered this perfect Stenier style "HAAA! I'M THE MAN!" always has me pissing myself. He started all that by battering Rey didn't he? I seem to recall he fucks him about at the end of a tag and has him face to face and booms "YOUUUU WEREEE SPOSSSSE BE MAH FRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN"

IIRC it was because Rey broke up Batista's pin on, I think, Taker in a fatal 4 way for the World title, which he had every right to do by the rule and Dave saw it as a betrayal too far

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
10 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

IIRC it was because Rey broke up Batista's pin on, I think, Taker in a fatal 4 way for the World title, which he had every right to do by the rule and Dave saw it as a betrayal too far

In true villain style, the best bad guys are where they can justify their actions because they’ve been wronged.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A further string to add to Big Dave's bow that I meant to mention is that he went and did MMA - not because it would make him money, but because he thought it looked like something he wanted to do. He won his only fight, then retired from MMA straight away because he didn't think he was good enough (instead of, say, joining UFC and getting beaten up by a journalist).

Another case of the big man knowing his value and doing what he wants to do on his own terms.

Edited by Daaaaaad!
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

A further string to add to Big Dave's bow that I meant to mention is that he went and did MMA - not because it would make him money, but because he thought it looked like something he wanted to do. He won his only fight, then retired from MMA straight away because he didn't think he was good enough (instead of, say, joining UFC and getting beaten up by a journalist).

Another case of the big man knowing his value and doing what he wants to do on his own terms.

In my head, he only did MMA to make Taker feel inferior to him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...