UFC 260: Miocic vs Ngannou 2 - Mar 27 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Unbelievable stuff. Over the moon for big Francis - and I like Stipe. Other than Stipe's friends and family, you'd have to be an absolute cretin to not be happy for Francis. He's clearly vastly improved. Mentally, technically and physically. Anyone heard anything about Miocic's left ankle? The way it folded up under him looked brutal. Ngannou knocked Miocic's hair flat by the end of the first. 

I can't see Jones beating Ngannou. Jones no longer had speed at 205. Putting on all that weight is only going to hamper that. He's the more complete and smarter fighter still, but physically it's not the same Jon Jones.

I thought Jones narrowly lost the Santos fight, but it was close so no issue there. That was a Santos with no legs though. It shouldn't have been close. He should have lost the Reyes fight. Still don't see how he gets three rounds there. Jones best way to victory against Francis is to wrestle Ngannou and that's clearly not going to be as easy as it was three years ago. Stipe is a hardened heavyweight who is the only man who has really been able to eat those shots from Francis, until the second round of last night's fight. I want to see that fight, boy do I want to see it. I hope it has a happy ending. 

Unluckily for Woodley, he showed way more in that short fight last night than he has in, what, three years? Yet it didn't work out for him. It nearly did. Against someone a bit less of a hard nosed brawler like Luque, it might well have been a first round KO for Woodley. Pleased to see Luque get the win though.

Also glad Alonzo Menifield got a win to help get him back on track. What a way to do it too, with the Von Flue/Preux choke. Lovely stuff to show that he has got more than vicious KO power in his locker. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Ngannou knocked Miocic's hair flat

Like when Ken Shamrock threatened to knock Tito’s hair black. Except with Francis Ngannou you fucking well believe it.

No updates on Stipe as far as I know. Social media is wrong for this though, nobody’s off limits...

F3FF04FF-37F5-4D84-BFA1-3EAD3E24DF8F.jpeg

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

I can't see Jones beating Ngannou. Jones no longer had speed at 205. Putting on all that weight is only going to hamper that. He's the more complete and smarter fighter still, but physically it's not the same Jon Jones.

One thing to take into account is Jones' intelligence, though. He's displayed an uncanny ability to nullify any opponent's weaponry. I know a lot of people wanted to see Rumble take his head off, but I think most of us on here thought that would be easier said than done - you have to be able to hit Jones first before you can knock him out. 

Jones does have fewer routes to victory against Big Fran than he did the others, especially at HW. One of the reasons I think he'd have a harder time against DC at HW than 205 is simply because wrestling would be harder with all that extra weight, and Ngannou is a big old unit. He's taller, so maybe that higher point of balance might make it a bit easier for him, though.

One thing he has over Stipe is that ridiculous reach, again, and he even has that over Ngannou. It strikes me that his best strategies would either be to keep distance with the jab (and with that extra weight he'd be nothing to sniff at, even for Fran) and leg kicks, or to get in close with the clinch and dirty box/shoulder strike from there, provided he's happy to take Ngannonballs to the body. 

• Paid Members

Man I hate those Cro Cop bendy leg KO's. Horrific looking. 

Gutted for Stipe but it's impossible not to like Ngannou and feel good for him. He's like this generations JDS. Just a big happy looking bugger that could kill you if he wanted to. That Sprawl to the back take and flurry of punches was like watching a video game character level up. Ngannou is terryfying. 

25 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

One thing he has over Stipe is that ridiculous reach, again, and he even has that over Ngannou. It strikes me that his best strategies would either be to keep distance with the jab (and with that extra weight he'd be nothing to sniff at, even for Fran) and leg kicks, or to get in close with the clinch and dirty box/shoulder strike from there, provided he's happy to take Ngannonballs to the body. 

The clinch, elbows and kicks would be Jones's best weapons against Ngannou. He isn't the best boxer from range and he couldn't even score a takedown against Reyes at 205lbs. 

As much as I consider Jones to be an overrated fighter, and as much as I was impressed with Ngannou's performance last night, I still think Jones will somehow win on points if they fight. Obviously, I hope I am wrong. 

Hell of a fight, and I honestly thought it could have went either way just before the KO. In fact, right before the shot that caught Miocic and put him away he looked as though he'd rocked Ngannou with a shot of his own. A terrific fight between two absolute ambassadors of the sport.

I'd also like to see Stipe retire at this point, unless he fancies a rematch for the belt after Ngannou gets a defence or two under his belt. I absolutely think Miocic deserves another crack if he so chooses, but he'll need time to rest up and recover. And I'd like to see him go out in front of a live crowd and with his family there.

That Dana White is already starting his attack on Jones because the guy has the temerity to ask to be paid what he's worth is both predictable and obscene. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, David said:

Hell of a fight, and I honestly thought it could have went either way just before the KO. In fact, right before the shot that caught Miocic and put him away he looked as though he'd rocked Ngannou with a shot of his own. A terrific fight between two absolute ambassadors of the sport.

I'd also like to see Stipe retire at this point, unless he fancies a rematch for the belt after Ngannou gets a defence or two under his belt. I absolutely think Miocic deserves another crack if he so chooses, but he'll need time to rest up and recover. And I'd like to see him go out in front of a live crowd and with his family there.

That Dana White is already starting his attack on Jones because the guy has the temerity to ask to be paid what he's worth is both predictable and obscene. 

Personally I want him to get the Ngannou rematch out the way first. Let's see if Stipe can make the sort of adjustments to better this version of Ngannou. Stipe wins the rubber match then that just solidifies his legacy.

Stipe could maybe do with sometime off though. While Ngannou has been battering folk in a few minutes, Stipe's been having gruelling scraps with a beast like DC.

• Paid Members

Good lord, what a performance by Ngannou. Finding that right balance between attacking and taking his foot off the gas was on point. Gone were the wild, uncoordinated looking attacks too, it all looked sharp and dangerous as fuck.

I guess it all came down to instinct, but Miocic landing that counter hook as Ngannou went for the finish was the nail in the coffin. You cant run into the fireline with Francis.

Miocic looked incredibly frustrated at the end of round 1 too. The plan had to be to go long, but Francis dominated that opener, especially shutting down Stipe's takedown and punishing him for attempting it. Ngannou's leg kicks are nasty too.

What a performance.

This must be the first time none of the UFC champions are Americans? 

I am pleased for Francis but equally sad for Stipe. Both are great lads. There's not much talk of a third fight is there....I would have thought Stipe would be one of the few champs to have a good claim to an immediate rematch.

Francis vs Jones is what I want to see though. I dunno how Jones keeps the big man off him for 5 rounds. 

• Paid Members

Didn’t even think of none of the current champs being American. Well, technically Aljamain Sterling is at Bantamweight. 

The Jones fight might be dead in the water. Jones is currently tweeting and deleting stuff like this...

3B060CF7-4DE4-4131-81AA-2EA96DB4AAE6.jpeg

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

This must be the first time none of the UFC champions are Americans? 

Usman's got dual Nigerian-American nationality. Plus he grew up in the US from when he was a kid.